Can you walk to the cruise terminal from the Ramada Limited Downtown?

I'm reading reviews on tripadvisor.com and only one out of 59 say it's walkable. But how far? (if anyone has knowledge of this).

Thanks in advance!

If you are staying at the one on West Pender and if you are departing from Canada Place then yes you can it is about a 6/7 block walk and quite level if you have a roller suitcase. If you are leaving from the Ballantyne Terminal, then no you can't, it is in an industrial area and you have to pass through one of worst areas in Canada.

Putter is right. We stayed at the West Pender location last August. We did not walk to board the ship, but we did walk it the night before when we were out to eat and explore that part of Vancouver. (this is for boarding at Canada Place--Princess, HAL and NCL)

Putter is right. We stayed at the West Pender location last August. We did not walk to board the ship, but we did walk it the night before when we were out to eat and explore that part of Vancouver. (this is for boarding at Canada Place--Princess, HAL and NCL)

Thank you! We are on Carnival and I believe we leave from Canada Place too! :)

Thank you! We are on Carnival and I believe we leave from Canada Place too! :)

Here is the cruise ship schedule for the Port of Vancouver and it does appear that you do depart from Canada Place which is the nicer of the two terminals. About a hour after you pass under the Lions Gate Bridge look off the starboard side and you will probably see me standing by my barbeque, with cocktail in hand and waiving to you. Have a great time!

Here is the cruise ship schedule for the Port of Vancouver and it does appear that you do depart from Canada Place which is the nicer of the two terminals. About a hour after you pass under the Lions Gate Bridge look off the starboard side and you will probably see me standing by my barbeque, with cocktail in hand and waiving to you. Have a great time!

LOL I will do that then! We sail on Wed. 09/17 in the late afternoon/early evening so yeah...I can see you out there bar-b-quing away!

We asked for a balcony guarantee, so this would work out well if we end up on the starboard side! Had my very first balcony this past December on the Carnival Conquest. Even in the heavy fog that we experienced during sailaway...I LOVED it!

Thanks for all the info!

We sail on Wed. 09/17 in the late afternoon/early evening so yeah

Wren,

Fyi, the reason that we didn't walk to the ship from the Ramada Limited...we went on the pre-cruise tour of Vancouver offered by http://www.vancouvertours.com. They took our luggage to the ship while they took us on a 3.5 hour tour of the city, and then dropped us at Canada Place.

If you have never toured Vancouver, this is a nice introduction to it.

Wren,

Fyi, the reason that we didn't walk to the ship from the Ramada Limited...we went on the pre-cruise tour of Vancouver offered by www.vancouvertours.com. They took our luggage to the ship while they took us on a 3.5 hour tour of the city, and then dropped us at Canada Place.

If you have never toured Vancouver, this is a nice introduction to it.

THANKS!!! I was trying to decide if we should do a city tour. I did that in Miami once pre-cruise and LOVED it!

Archived