Princess damaged my wheelchair and will not provide any compensation

Siouxland Cruiser

Third...isnt the train owned and operated by Princess? I was under the impression it was theirs, but Ive never been so Im not sure.

The train is owned by the Alaska Railroad Company. It is operated by Alaska Railroad. The employees on the trains are Alaska Railroad company employees. The OP should have addressed this with Alaska Railroad.

First of all, thank you all for your comments.

1. We DID have travel insurance but never thought it covered losses - just issues if we became ill - not loss to property. So I will DEFINATELY try that avenue. Thanks for the suggestions!!! (Again, why CruiseCritic is a great place.)

As for other questions posed:

2. The train says "Princess" and the attendants all had "Princess" uniforms on so it would be inferred they were Princess employees. They weren't rude when we questioned the broken chair - all they said was "contact the purser's office on the ship" As I stated in #1 above, I went to Princess because THEY were the ones who broke it.

3. M&M Cruisin - "Don't know why the last statement came out in small print. It wasn't deliberate."

4. I was not trying to "double-dip" on compensation. As stated in #1 above, I didn't even think about the travel insurance.

I think I answered all your questions. Will let you know if "travel insurance" works. Thank you.

Will let you know if "travel insurance" works. Thank you.

Thanks for coming back to this thread, so often someone posts something like this and we never know what happened.

Definitely call your travel insurance provider, my guess, they will cover the loss/damage.

Good Luck! And please, let us know how this all turns out.

First of all, thank you all for your comments.

1. We DID have travel insurance but never thought it covered losses - just issues if we became ill - not loss to property. So I will DEFINATELY try that avenue. Thanks for the suggestions!!! (Again, why CruiseCritic is a great place.)

As for other questions posed:

2. The train says "Princess" and the attendants all had "Princess" uniforms on so it would be inferred they were Princess employees. They weren't rude when we questioned the broken chair - all they said was "contact the purser's office on the ship" As I stated in #1 above, I went to Princess because THEY were the ones who broke it.

3. M&M Cruisin - "Don't know why the last statement came out in small print. It wasn't deliberate."

4. I was not trying to "double-dip" on compensation. As stated in #1 above, I didn't even think about the travel insurance.

I think I answered all your questions. Will let you know if "travel insurance" works. Thank you.

Good luck! Based on what you told us, Princess needs to step up and do the right thing. Customer service is definitely not what it used to be.

The train is owned by the Alaska Railroad Company. It is operated by Alaska Railroad. The employees on the trains are Alaska Railroad company employees. The OP should have addressed this with Alaska Railroad.

Actually if this occured on a Princess Rail car then they are owned by Princess and staffed by Princess.

Alaska Railroad just pulls them with the train. :)

Interesting...thanks!

Thanks for coming back to this thread, so often someone posts something like this and we never know what happened.

Definitely call your travel insurance provider, my guess, they will cover the loss/damage.

Good Luck! And please, let us know how this all turns out.

ditto!

Actually if this occured on a Princess Rail car then they are owned by Princess and staffed by Princess.

Alaska Railroad just pulls them with the train. :)

Even more Interesting. Thanks!

The travel insurance company may have excluded any loss relating directly or indirectly to the disability as a preexisting condition. So the loss may not be covered.

.....so if they lose my luggage....they won't replace it either......since my luggage was pre-existing.......:confused:

Thanks for coming back and posting. Let us know what happens.

Even though staff on the train (or elsewhere other than on the ship) might have had Princess uniforms, they still might not have be Princess employees. The meet and greet staff at airports and hotels might represent Princess one day and have Princess uniforms on, and HAL uniforms the next. They are still representing the cruiseline but are most likely, employees of a completely separate company. It's not at all unusual for companies to contract out for services.

Archived