When will posters join a Roll Call?

mmsoko

How long did it take for people to join your "roll call"?

We don't sail until March but only have 3 posters on our roll call. There must be more cruisers out there.

Do you enjoy joining the roll call?

Do you read a roll call and not join?

Welcome all comments.....thanks :)

heres my take on roll calls - please don't come across as overly demanding. I've had roll calls in the past where people would post a roll call, and keep bumping it up and demanding to know why people were reading and not posting to the roll call..then would come the well I guess I'm the only one on this entire ship comments. I dunno why but that kinda bothers me..I won't post on threads like that

We sail in October and I joined our roll call in, I believe, April. It had 4 or 5 members, but only about 3 that were regularly posting. It got more lively as time went on. Now have probably 10 that post regularly. Even when it wasn't very active I think we tried to keep it at least on page one. Easier to find that way.

I enjoy the roll call. Good place to get together for some friendly banter and get to know your fellow cruisers. It's also another good place to get your questions answered. Really looking forward to our meet and greet onboard.

Sharon

There are a group of us with a roll call for Feb..some of us meet last year on CC..we had great time on trip and are cruising again this year..yeah we started with the "am I alone" etc but now compare notes on bookings, hotels etc. Already have some plans to meet in Fll day before trip...

There is no harm in bumping up a few times ...I don't understand people reading the thread and not giving any imput but that is their choice especially if they are on the trip. They don't have to join the group on board but that is part of the fun. :cool:

We sail in October and I joined our roll call in, I believe, April. It had 4 or 5 members, but only about 3 that were regularly posting. It got more lively as time went on. Now have probably 10 that post regularly. Even when it wasn't very active I think we tried to keep it at least on page one. Easier to find that way.

I enjoy the roll call. Good place to get together for some friendly banter and get to know your fellow cruisers. It's also another good place to get your questions answered. Really looking forward to our meet and greet onboard.

Sharon

I'm on that same one as Sharon for that cruise..it's been slow. But not as slow as our 12/18/04 Caribbean Princess call, there's just a couple people that keep bumping it up

I haven't cruised (yet) and my roll call has been pretty active. I just bet a lot of those 3100+ passengers on the Caribbean Princess sailing 11/06 would have benefited from not only the roll call but from this forum and the port forums as well. I am sure we are gonna have a positive experience on our first cruise in large part because of these forums. TO ALL WHO HAVE HELPED US....... THANK YOU... I am sure a lot read but don't post... I bet everyone who does this, boards with unanswered questions..... that didn't have to be unanswered. What is the old saying? The only stupid question is the one not asked??????????

Our roll call has been really slow as well. There's just us and one other CC member posting. We are hopeful that it will pick up as our sailing date gets closer (Dec. 28th). Regardless, we have had a great time getting to know one another.

On our last cruise, my husband was very active in the roll call for our sailing. We got great tips and, as luck would have it, one of the other CC members was in the mini-suite beside us! (What are the chances?)

I don't think there is any way to figure these things out, there are some that just never get going and others that jump off the page and grab people. We are sailing Saturday, our roll call was started last DECEMBER, and for the first month or so there were 3 of us posting, then a few more joined in and then........well you get the idea. As of Marilyn's post about 5 minutes ago she just posted #1,534 and we have 62 pages. We even had a "guess the total number of posts" contest for fun and actually the thread starter Sharon is going to win (gets a drink when we all meet). We have had about a dozen regular posters, another 6 or so that dropped in and out and even two that we adopted as they had no action on their own.

I think that a fun, honest and sincere sounding group at the get go are what attract new folks. We have had a ball over this past 9 months.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=73542&highlight=roll+call

check out this thread if you like, I started it a while ago and it has 3 pages of responses on the roll call subject, you may find it compliments what we are discussing here.

Oh, and by the way. I sail to Alaska next May tried to get a thread going, no such luck. BUT the Hawaii trip in March of 2006 already has 208 posts 9 pages and about 10 regular posters, so....go figure. I am off in less then 48 hours.........:D :D C U ALL LATER

We started our roll call on the old board. Since moving to the new board, we've had several new people join, one as recently as yesterday. We sail at the end of October.

Hey when you get back from your EOS sailing will you come back and do a comparison to GP?

Our roll call for the June 7 Grand Med/Greek Isles cruise is 12 pages already with a few new posters who have just joined us this week. We have about 8 posters going on the cruise and a couple more going after us who just wanted to ask some questions. Always glad to help out our CC friends. A few of the couples (4 long with our TA and her hubby) met on the TP last year and decided to cruise together again. Participating in the roll calls makes for a more enjoyable cruise with all the comradiere you build up by the time you cruise. We are doing tours together, having drinks in Venice prior to the trip, meeting on the ship for a group get together, having before dinner drinks in the suite one of our group has, etc. I am sure we will be planning other things together too. This make for a very lively, fun time to be had by all. I think those people who participate in the roll calls are probably more extroverted and interested in meeting people than those that just read the posts and lurk for info purposes only. Nothing wrong with that, but you just get so much more out of the cruise if you participate.

Jackie

Our roll call for the June 7 Grand Med/Greek Isles cruise is 12 pages already with a few new posters who have just joined us this week. We have about 8 posters going on the cruise and a couple more going after us who just wanted to ask some questions. Always glad to help out our CC friends. A few of the couples (4 along with our TA and her hubby) met on the TP last year and decided to cruise together again. Participating in the roll calls makes for a more enjoyable cruise with all the comradiere you build up by the time you cruise. We are doing tours together, having drinks in Venice prior to the trip, meeting on the ship for a group get together, having before dinner drinks in the suite one of our group has, etc. I am sure we will be planning other things together too. This make for a very lively, fun time to be had by all. I think those people who participate in the roll calls are probably more extroverted and interested in meeting people than those that just read the posts and lurk for info purposes only. Nothing wrong with that, but you just get so much more out of the cruise if you participate.

Jackie

Our roll call for the June 7 Grand Med/Greek Isles cruise is 12 pages already with a few new posters who have just joined us this week. We have about 8 posters going on the cruise and a couple more going after us who just wanted to ask some questions. Always glad to help out our CC friends. A few of the couples (4 along with our TA and her hubby) met on the TP last year and decided to cruise together again. Participating in the roll calls makes for a more enjoyable cruise with all the comradiere you build up by the time you cruise. We are doing tours together, having drinks in Venice prior to the trip, meeting on the ship for a group get together, having before dinner drinks in the suite one of our group has, etc. I am sure we will be planning other things together too. This makes for a very lively, fun time to be had by all. I think those people who participate in the roll calls are probably more extroverted and interested in meeting people than those that just read the posts and lurk for info purposes only. Nothing wrong with that, but you just get so much more out of the cruise if you participate.

Jackie

You just never know how a roll call will go, or what will happen once you get on board. On a previous cruise, the lady who started the thread took one look at the rest of us on board at our pre-arranged sailaway party, and we never saw her again!

Our Dec. 28 roll call is very slow, the one we have going for April is about 30 pages long. Go figure.

You just never know how a roll call will go, or what will happen once you get on board. On a previous cruise, the lady who started the thread took one look at the rest of us on board at our pre-arranged sailaway party, and we never saw her again!

Our Dec. 28 roll call is very slow, the one we have going for April is about 30 pages long. Go figure.

4_6_213.gif...............that is funny!

N.Y. LADY........the way you post it's no wonder you have so many pages in your roll call..:D :D :D (kidding....just kidding)

We have one going for our April 2005 Star Eastern Carib. Right now about 5 or 6 posters. I like to bump it on Friday's just before I leave work as some people are online mostly during the weekend :) Also, I have noticed in the past that more than one will get started if the one you have going gets too deep in the posting. :eek:

When in March are you sailing?

We don't sail until March but only have 3 posters on our roll call. There must be more cruisers out there.

Currently posting on three roll-calls:

Sapphire Princess, 3-05, Sydney to Bangkok,

Oceania's Regatta, 9-06, Baltic & Kiel Canal.

Regal Princess, 3-06, Rio 'round the Horn to Santiago.

Many posters on the first, just a couple of us on the second, none on the third. Perhaps still too far out, or perhaps just not as gregarious a group.

I am going to be on the same cruise as Catmand and I like he said there is about 6 regulars who have been chatty-kathy's on this roll call. Our cruise is tomorrow and I am looking so forward to meeting these people. I have been on the roll call since March 1 and I feel like they are a second family. So tomorrow after muster drill I will finally meeting these people. Now I have a cruise next Feb. and only about 3 people have responded to that one. So who knows.

Marilyn

The Roll Call for my March sailing is also going slow. Last year, our March sailing really picked up after the holidays were over. Like many have said, you never know. I do enjoy joining in on a Roll Call. Since we don't travel with others, it's nice to "know" someone else on your sailing.

Kathy

Join our 3/26/05 Caribbean Princess Roll Call

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=76104&highlight=3%2F26%2F05

Our 1/28 Sun cruise roll call is going slow but's early still and we have a core group of 5 or 6 that keep it rolling...I check in daily.

Guess I'm just used to our RCL NOS RC where we had lively banter going daily,we got to 25 pages before we left if I remember correctly.

We had a great Meet & Mingle party too and saw most of our CC friends throughout the cruise.

The first post for our Oct. 17th sailing to Can/NE was made on July 7th. For quite awhile there were just 3 of us posting. Then we added a few more people, and others booked the cruise just a few weeks ago and joined us. Now we've got a great group of 20 people (including Significant Others) who plan to get together in the afternoon of day 2 which is our only sea day. I think we've all picked up a great deal of useful information from each other. Some have sailed on the Grand before, others have done this itinerary but on other ships. This is the first roll call I've joined that has really kept on rolling. It's been a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to meeting the people I've been "talking to" on CC. I think you need to "bump" your roll calls periodically because some people just don't want to search that hard for them.

Shae

Archived