Best balconies on Emerald Princess

cmalibu1

Alright, I am soon to book a cruise on the Emerald Princess.

I am possibly going to do it outside of the cruise line, and would like to know some/a specific room number to tell them.

We are going to do a minisuite, and as a long shot if all of these could fit into a category...

Largest,

Least Windy

Private

Uncovered /Partially covered - for tanning.

What have been your previous room numbers that you enjoyed on this ship? Why?

Thanks for the help!

Chelsea

Alright, I am soon to book a cruise on the Emerald Princess.

I am possibly going to do it outside of the cruise line, and would like to know some/a specific room number to tell them.

We are going to do a minisuite, and as a long shot if all of these could fit into a category...

Largest,

Least Windy

Private

Uncovered /Partially covered - for tanning.

What have been your previous room numbers that you enjoyed on this ship? Why?

Thanks for the help!

Chelsea

Chelsea,

The mini suites on Dolphin Deck are all uncovered. The minis on Emerald Deck are all covered. All are the same size, although E730 and E731 have a little extra curve to their balconies.

Balcony cabins have more variety in their balconies. Caribe Deck and aft balcony cabins have the most spacious balconies. Caribe are half covered half uncovered, while the aft balconies are totally covered...some have the dreaded beam also(Baha Deck, I believe)

All other balcony category cabins are half the size of Caribe and are covered.

I hope this helps.:)

Thank you for your help. That does help a ton!

So if my biggest concern is having a bigger balcony your saying skip the mini and just do a regular balcony cabin?

Do you know if I book through a website, do I get to pick my cabin number out of the available ones (much like seat reservation on a plane) or is it automatically assigned?!

Thanks again!

Chelsea

If you are on the Princess web site, you will be given a list to chose from If you are using an off brand web site, I don't know what you will get.

We are booked on the Emerald for next March and had a mini on our last cruise this past January. We loved the mini however have heard so much praise about the Caribe balconies that we opted for that rather than the mini because the Emerald deck Minis TVAUD mentions are very hard to get.

With the Mini you gain extra space and a better bathroom (there is a tub and shower). The balcony is completley uncovered.

With the Caribe deck room you get a standard room (no bathtub, just a shower) however the balcony is larger than the mini and as previously mentioned, some cover.

So, will you spend more time on the balcony and wish you had some shade or will you spend more time in the room and wish you had some extra space to stretch out in? That's the question.

following refers to 'side' balconies only, i.e. those on starboard or port sides of any ‘Grand’ class ship (Grand, Golden, Star, Diamond, Sapphire, Caribbean, Crown, Emerald etc)....

Baja deck balconies are sized 9 ft. wide x 5 ft. deep and have full ceiling overhang. Lido, Aloha, Riviera (found on Caribbean, Crown, Emerald, Ruby only) decks have the same balconies. You can stand at the railing of these balconies and look down on to part of the Caribe deck balconies and all of the Dolphin deck balconies.

Caribe deck balconies are sized 9 ft. wide x 9 ft. deep and have ceiling overhang over the first 5 ft. Standing at the railing, you will overlook Dolphin deck balconies below.

All of the cabin interiors/bathrooms of the balcony cabins are the same with respect to size (unless it is a handicapped cabin).

Dolphin deck balconies (all balcony cabins are actually mini-suites and thus bigger than regular balcony cabins on the interior with sitting area, 2nd TV and bathtub/shower combination instead of the small shower stall found in the regular balcony cabins). The balcony is sized 9 ft. wide x 7 ft. deep and has no ceiling overhang as protection from sun or rain.

Emerald deck has several mini-suites each side with fully covered balconies. The last mini-suite cabin towards aft end on each side has extra wide balcony – approximately 7 ft. deep x 18 wide, according to someone who stayed in one of these. Emerald deck also has some regular balcony cabins near the front that have the balconies set back under the roof and back from the railing. You look straight out to the water but cannot look down on the water. The walking track goes past these balconies and walkers can see you on your balcony. I do not have any measurements for these Emerald deck balcony sizes.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

We had the open balcony on our last cruise. I would not personally get another open balcony again. I like being able to walk out in what ever with out having people looking down at meicon10.gif. I like the privite balcony better. I had a person above me who must of lived on his balcony. every time I went out he was there.

This is just my opion

We had the open balcony on our last cruise. I would not personally get another open balcony again. I like being able to walk out in what ever with out having people looking down at meicon10.gif. I like the privite balcony better. I had a person above me who must of lived on his balcony. every time I went out he was there.

This is just my opion

So then would the private balcones be on the Caribe deck?

We do want something private (if possible?!)

following refers to 'side' balconies only, ]Emerald deck has several mini-suites each side with fully covered balconies. The last mini-suite cabin towards aft end on each side has extra wide balcony – approximately 7 ft. deep x 18 wide, according to someone who stayed in one of these. Emerald deck also has some regular balcony cabins near the front that have the balconies set back under the roof and back from the railing. You look straight out to the water but cannot look down on the water. The walking track goes past these balconies and walkers can see you on your balcony. I do not have any measurements for these Emerald deck balcony sizes.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

I am booked on a mini suite on the Emerald room E729 on the starboard side in the aft area of the ship. Were you just speaking of the forward Mini Suites on the Emerald deck that you can not look down on the water and the walkers can look in or ALL mini suites on Emerald Deck? It will make a big difference to me if my balcony is not private. In fact that is one thing I dont like about Princess's ships.

Thanks

The mini-suite balconies on Emerald deck are fully private and overlook only water. No walking deck is in front of these balconies.

There are a few regular balcony cabins forward on Emerald deck that are tucked in under the deck overhang and overlook the walking promenade and then there is a railing looking out over the water. The walking promenade goes by these regular balcony cabins. When you walk by, your shoulders come up about halfway up the balcony glass wall. The glass is frosted so you cannot see through it but still, these balconies (Category BG maybe?) would not be to my liking due to the proximity to the walking promenade and the fact you do not overlook the water.

As far as picking your cabin with a TA other than Princess, that shouldn't be a problem. They can see what's available with Princess a lot faster than you can check them. We've checked available cabins with our TA and told her which one we want to book.

As far as balcony cabins, we go the Caribe deck route. The half-open, half-covered means you get some privacy yet can still sit in the sun if you want to - yet with the cover you can still use the balcony even in some bad weather. If you really like the view sailing out of port, aft cabins may be what you want.

When picking your location, keep in mind you may feel more motion at the front or back of the ship - which may rule it out for people really prone to motion sickness on some voyages. Center of the ship is best if you are prone to motion sickness.

Thank you all for the help! I am writing everything down so when it comes time to book I know exactly what I would like. The motion sickness was a slight problme on our last cruise, but we were an inside cabin, and i think just having the fresh air accessible will make a difference!

Thanks everyone for your input!

Chelsea

Archived