Disability question

TxKitty

I was wondering about standing in line at embarkation. If you were to look at me I look like a young, fairly healthy, abled body person, but I have problems with standing for very long at a time, due to foot, leg, hip & back pain. Since I don't use a wheelchair or appear to be disabled would I be able to bypass standing in a long line?

Do you ever use a cane? Like you, people would not think there is anything wrong with me. But, I have MS. And I always have a cane with me whenever we have to stand in line, or I have to be on my feet. The cane I have folds up for whenever I'm not using it. If you have one, explain how you need special assistance. Most likely someone will help you.

I too have a problem standing in line to embark. I called Carnival and they E-mailed me a disability form to fill out and faxed back to them. I was able to preboard just after Wedding party and Platinum members. Just find a Carnival rep and they did the rest for me.

Robb

My mom also has leg and foot pain when standing or walking for long periods of time. Like you, my mom does not look like anything is wrong with her. When we got to the cruise terminal in Jacksonville, there was a long line. My mom asked a Carnival rep for a wheel chair. That rep then took my parents through the VIP line. We stayed in the regular line. Carnival was very accomodating to help my mom. She was very appreciative.

There are a lot of hidden disablilties out there. Two years ago when we cruised the Carnival Triumph, I was worried about the lines..

My issue isn't related to back or legs... I have to have easy access to restrooms... I approached a Carnival rep and told her my situation.. Even showed her part of my scar from where I had a good "chunk" of me removed.. I don't know what line they moved me to, but I didn't have to wait.

I was shocked at how accommadating they were...

CassidyB

I have the same as the OP as long as I am moving or walking I am fine but to stand in line or still for long periods of time is hard. I wear foot braces but hide them under pants. On my first cruise on RC they noticed my limp as I walked up to the lines and sent me to a different area. The Muster drill was where I really swayed because of the long time standing there was hard and my friend had to keep me stable. I learned from that cruise on on my 2nd cruise also on RC I stoped at Wally World and purchased a cane for the 2 lines. It helped during the Muster Drill and I was again put near the beginging of lines for check in. I will do it again for my cruise on Carnival I just hate using the cane!! So CC's do I need to call Carnival for my problem??

Archived