Grenada

TERTOG

I just checked the itinerary for the 10/22 Spirit and Grenada is back on. Don't know if this is a glitch or not. Decided to check the Sun Princess 10/23 sailing and it also lists Grenada now. Maybe in a couple of weeks, they'll be ready to accept visitors.

Considering the extent of the damage in Grenada, it hard to believe that they can accept cruise ships in the near future. Dawn had replaced Grenada with St. Vincent for some of their 10 and 11 day Caribbean cruises.

On one screen on the NCL website, it still says Grenada(voyages and pricing). So I called NCL. The first person I spoke to said we were going to Grenada and acted like the ship was never going to St. Vincent. So I asked for a supervisor. After a long hold, I was informed that we were definitely going to St. Vincent by the supervisor. I let her know that the website needed to be updated. Sorry for any confusion. I was just reporting what I saw on the website.

I just checked the itinerary for the 10/22 Spirit and Grenada is back on. Don't know if this is a glitch or not. Decided to check the Sun Princess 10/23 sailing and it also lists Grenada now. Maybe in a couple of weeks, they'll be ready to accept visitors.

Glad you called and hopefully everything will get corrected. We had the same situation on Celebrity last fall, not for the same reasons: first it was St Maartin, then Casa de Campo, then St. Maartin. Even when I email customer service I didn't get a straight answer and it took them a couple of weeks to answer me. I finally just decided what will be will be. St. Maartin won out, thanks goodness. NMnita

We are on the Spirit Dec 17 and are concerned about going to Grenada. We just made our final payment with some relucatance since my wife called Fri Oct 1 and they said Grenada was back on for 10/22. This was after they said that St Vincent would be the substitute which we were very excited about. So the word we got as of 10-1 was that Grenada was back on since they had some kind of paperwork problems with St Vincents.

Lets hope they change this since I cannot believe that Grenada will be able to accept visitors for some time. Incidently we almost canceled the trip outright when one of the representatives from NCL said that we would not have to get off the ship if we went to Grenada, just to stay on board and enjoy the activities - (not exactly the response I thought an NCL rep would or should give).

We are on the Spirit Dec 17 and are concerned about going to Grenada. We just made our final payment with some relucatance since my wife called Fri Oct 1 and they said Grenada was back on for 10/22. This was after they said that St Vincent would be the substitute which we were very excited about. So the word we got as of 10-1 was that Grenada was back on since they had some kind of paperwork problems with St Vincents.

Lets hope they change this since I cannot believe that Grenada will be able to accept visitors for some time. Incidently we almost canceled the trip outright when one of the representatives from NCL said that we would not have to get off the ship if we went to Grenada, just to stay on board and enjoy the activities - (not exactly the response I thought an NCL rep would or should give).

Whether you do or don't get off the ship may have something to do with how many times you have cruised. At the beginning all we could think about was seeing every island, now we actually choose to stay on board at least one port and usually barely get off at a second. It is so much fun to relax and enjoy the service of the ship without all the passengers. The spa rates are lower, the pool not crowded, the food lines shorter and workout area not filled with people. Just our idea and our special likes. I would never book or cancel a cruise because of one port. If this was the case 20% of all cruisers would find themselves cancelling, booking some other ship and finding out a port was changed just to have to cancel again. NMnita

I just viewed these pictures of Grenada in the aftermath of Ivan. There's lots of interesting info too. It's very sad and shocking though.

http://grenadatravelforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1045

Also in a press release dated Oct. 2/04:

From the tourism perspective, while it will take some time to fully recover, there is progress being made. Point Salines International Airport is open for daily operations to both regional and international flights between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. BWIA is offering flights from New York and Miami via its Trinidad hub while Air Jamaica has resumed all flights via its Montego Bay hub and its Tuesday, Friday and Sunday non-stop service from JFK/New York. American Airlines is operating a daily flight via San Juan while LIAT is operating four daily scheduled flights to Grenada. Caribbean Star has also resumed service to Grenada. Even the cruise sector is seeing real progress. The port is now operational and several cruise lines expect to begin calls in October.

(This is from: http://grenadatravelforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1042&st=135 )

I dunno............

Archived