Ecotoursbelize Vs. Coral Breeze

Voidman

Has anyone booked through either of these companies?

Especially if you booked snorkeling out of ambergris caye or caye caulker?

Also, could use advice on which is a better place to snorkel out of, is Ambergris caye worth the plane trip and extra dough?

Thanks so much.

DH and I did snorkeling on reef off Caye Caulker last summer and it was fantastic excursion. The folks at Coral Breeze did a great job of transporting us to and from, supervising in the water, attracting nurse sharks and pointing out all the sites along the way. We even stopped on the way to the caye to watch and attract some dolphins swimming in the area.

Although I can't speak to the other company or the true difference with the Cayes..I can endorse this excursion as the reef was the best snorkeling I've ever done.

enjoy!!!

I second that! We did the same excursion last time we were there and had an absolute blast... Just cruising out to the area was amazing. There is no describing the water.

We are going to be taking friends to Belize in July and plan on taking them with us this time. Coral BReeze was reliable, never felt unsafe and we had an absolutely amazing day.

I third that! :D

Just got back from my cruise and booked the snorkeling tour with Coral Breezes!

Had an amazing time! Probably the best excursion on the trip!

For $75.00, it was well worth it.

It included the following:

- An excellent guide and driver who knew a lot

- A ride to and back from Ambergris Caye (about 45 minutes each way)

- 2 Snorkeling spots (1-45 minute snorkel through the reef & 1-20 minute snorkel in Shark Ray Alley [there were only rays, no sharks around])

- Water

- Lunch (Chicken + water)

Don't know about ecotoursbelize but I can definitely vouch for Coral! You won't regret it.

Has anyone booked through either of these companies?

Especially if you booked snorkeling out of ambergris caye or caye caulker?

Also, could use advice on which is a better place to snorkel out of, is Ambergris caye worth the plane trip and extra dough?

Thanks so much.

Hi voidman,

I can fourth Coral Breezes - we went with them three years ago and had a great time. I am not sure if we were lucky or not but we saw at least 6 sharks or more but they did not stay around long, about 5 minutes tops. The rays stayed around the whole time. It was my birthday and the crew treated me great - they even let me sit on top with them.

We are trying Eco Tours this time around, we wanted to snorkel in a different place - I know it is one big reef but this time we will be closer to San Pedro and with Coral Breezes we were closer to Caye Caulker. We are looking forward to our excursion with Eco Tours and they have been very helpful. I believe on another posting you said they had not responded to your email - I looked back in my emails to them and there were a few times it took them a couple of days to get back to me but they always did. I am sure it is probably a busy time for them right now, with spring travel and all. Here is the email address I used, in case you sent it to a different one - cavetubing@yahoo.com.

I am sure you will have fun with whoever you go with.

cruisefreak13

Hi voidman,

I can fourth Coral Breezes - we went with them three years ago and had a great time. I am not sure if we were lucky or not but we saw at least 6 sharks or more but they did not stay around long, about 5 minutes tops. The rays stayed around the whole time. It was my birthday and the crew treated me great - they even let me sit on top with them.

My gf was a little afraid to swim with the shark/rays so she stayed on the boat during that time. The captain told her that the sharks don't really come anymore.

The Stingrays have been eating all of the food around that area and it has driven all the sharks away. So be warned that you probably won't see any nurse sharks at all.

However you definitely will see rays. There were at least a dozen of them continously swimming around that you can touch. Our tour guide fed the stingrays and led them directly to you so you could feel them!

• 1 month later...
We went with Ecotours so we could go to Ambergris Caye. It went great.

Voidman: I am interested in the Eco Tours flight to Ambergris Caye and snorkel but the description only mentions shark ray alley snorkel. Is there reef snorkelling as well? Can you give me any more details about your tour? We did the Caye Caulker/Reef/Shark Ray Alley previously and really enjoyed it but I would like to visit Ambergris Caye this trip.

Archived