Veendam Review for 3/30/08

Donzigirl

Hubby and I went on his first cruise with my parents and brother-in-law and sister. He loved it and so did everyone else. The Veendam was awesome! For those who wonder if the younger crowd will have a good time, the answer is....Yes!!!!! We met people from 18 - 80 and danced all night long to the DJ in the Crow's Nest.

The service was excellent from our room steward to the dining room, it could not have been better. The Crow's nest staff was excellent as well.

Embarkation was smooth and our rooms were finished by 1:00. We went to the Lido for lunch and a bucket of beer. From the sail away to the day we returned it was fun and exciting. The only complaint I have is the stop in Montego Bay. I will be happy if I never go there again. I should have stayed on the ship. We are already looking into our next cruise and I would go on the Veendam in a heartbeat. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask. There is so much to tell, I can't write it all down.

Kristen

I too love the Veendam! It's a great sized ship with a great crew! Hope your DH is also hooked on cruising!

Jamaica is an island I will avoid from now on.

It was fine for us being middle-age/oldies, but my son, who is a longish-haired 20 yo, got offered many drugs, repeatedly, in his 4 block walk from the Pier to meet us for lunch at Margaritaville. He said the amazing thing is that he said no to one, but was asked by the next even if they heard his answer to the guy before him.:rolleyes:

My son relayed this little tidbit to us after we had sailed that night.

Archived