Any input on 2009 family cruise?

I'm itching to book another family cruise. We sailed on the NCL Gem out of NYC in March and had a great time, however we are looking for a longer cruise for next year. We loved being able to drive to port so we're definitely looking at another NY cruise.

Our options appear to be:

Carnival Miracle - 8 day

RC Explorer of the Seas - 9 day

Caribbean Princess - 9 day

Our kids will be 3 & 5 at the time of sailing.

Any input on the kids programs/activities on the above ships.

Also, what's the general consensus on booking early or waiting and hoping for price drops?

TIA

I'm itching to book another family cruise. We sailed on the NCL Gem out of NYC in March and had a great time, however we are looking for a longer cruise for next year. We loved being able to drive to port so we're definitely looking at another NY cruise.

Our options appear to be:

Carnival Miracle - 8 day

RC Explorer of the Seas - 9 day

Caribbean Princess - 9 day

Our kids will be 3 & 5 at the time of sailing.

Any input on the kids programs/activities on the above ships.

Also, what's the general consensus on booking early or waiting and hoping for price drops?

TIA

CKEA~

It's been my experience, that anything out of NY tends to get more expensive the closer you get to sailing, so if you see something you like at a price you're willing to pay snatch it up:D Be sure to find out each line's price drop policy.

Do you anticipate your child to be 100% potty trained on your next cruise? If so, I think all three lines would be great. If your not sure, keep in mind that RCCL does not allow children who aren't 100% trained in their kid's club. Carnival does allow non-potty trained children. I'm not sure about Princess.

Good luck planning:)

CKEA~

Do you anticipate your child to be 100% potty trained on your next cruise? If so, I think all three lines would be great. If your not sure, keep in mind that RCCL does not allow children who aren't 100% trained in their kid's club. Carnival does allow non-potty trained children. I'm not sure about Princess.

I'm counting on him being potty trained although he shows no interest at all right now at 2 years + 2 months. We're looking at sailing when he's 3 years + 3 months. He's pretty darn stubborn, though??? :confused:

RCCL has a 3 strikes and you're out policy. If he has 3 accidents over the course of the cruise, he won't be allowed back to Adventure Ocean. So if he has 3 accidents the first day...he'll be yours the rest of the cruise. I might choose a different line that doesn't have this policy. RCCL does have in-cabin babysitting though for approx. $10/hour.

The potty training thing is hard to say. My 3 1/2 y.o. was/is potty trained, but when we traveled and he went to Camp Carnival he wouldn't tell them he had to go, had accidents. I put him back in pull ups with undies over when I took him to camp, they didn't mind at all - that way he wasn't stressed over it. My DS always has regressed a little in those kind of areas when we travel. So if kids camp is important to you and RCL has the 3 strikes rule, you may check out the other options. Carnival counselors were very understanding.

Archived