Thinking about the Inspiration, any opinions?

EydieG

We have been on several cruises, but are thinking of taking my Mom on a cruise. She has never cruised before so we would like a short one to start her off. Also really want to take her to Cozumel and leave from either Port Canaveral or Tampa. The Inspiration seems to fit the bill and the prices are great, but the reviews aren't so good. If you hae sailed on the Inspiration recently, please tell me your opinion.

Thanks!

We are going May 10th and I will post info following that cruise. We selected Inspiration more out of convenience than anything else. I found out later it had gone through a refresh in fall 2007. Our room is a Cat 12, and we are hopeful that the Inspiration will be a fun time.

We sailed on her last October, and will sail on her this October. The ship is in beautiful shape and staffed by an excellent crew. We especially liked the Fun Days at Sea with Cozumel in the middle. I'd sail her again next Thursday if I could...

We have sailed the lovely Inspiration twice - in 2006 and then with our kids & their spouses last year! We absolutely LOVE the Inspiration - we sailed last year in May - right before the dry dock for the upgrades and now that we have seen the upgrades, we are planning another sailing with the Inspiration next year!

The crew was awesome - the ship's layout is easy to navigate - food was great. I can't say anything bad about it!!

4th cruise on Inspiration. The 4 night out of Tampa is PERFECT for a first time cruiser, and a wonderful long weekend escape! I enjoy this ship alot and Carnival is always fun whether you're very active or more serene - you can have both. th_vacationsmilie.gifHappy Cruising!

I've sailed on her twice within the past 4 months. In fact, I just got off of her yesterday! The refurb looks great on her and the ship does not show its age. I loved the Inspiration. The staff is wonderful, the ship is a perfect size, food is good, and the Waterworks area and itinerary cannot be beat.

I think the Inspiration is a great ship for a first time cruiser. My Mom cruised w/us in Dec (her 1st cruise) and she loved it. Try it...you won't be sorry!!

Good to know everyone! Thank you. We are on the Inspiration starting April 26th. We cruise 3 times a year. Usually two 7 Day cruises and one 4 or 5 day. So Seeing this is newly updated, we chose this ship. Living inbetween Miami and Tampa, we have the advantage to jump on anytime! Thanks for the updates on this one!

As you can see by my signature, I love the Inspiration. Leaving from Tampa is easy. Coaumel is my favorite place to dive. I don't have to take any days off work for the 4 day leaving on Thursday. Staff wonderful and I love George the Greek. I sail on her every 2 weeks if I could afford it. Sandy

We have been on several cruises, but are thinking of taking my Mom on a cruise. She has never cruised before so we would like a short one to start her off. Also really want to take her to Cozumel and leave from either Port Canaveral or Tampa. The Inspiration seems to fit the bill and the prices are great, but the reviews aren't so good. If you hae sailed on the Inspiration recently, please tell me your opinion.

Thanks!

Book it tomarrow. Cruised on her on March 20th. Ship is all redone. New carpet, fabrics, flatscreens, mattresses and much more. Ship was spotless. Food was very good. Service was top notch. Shows were so-so to me. Band in the Avante Garde lounge was great (Music Blitz band)...

I did the 4 night cruise and will do one again on this ship...;)

I sailed on her last October 13 with a group of 18. I got married on the ship. It was my first cruise, and the ship was gorgeous. I think we were the 3rd sailing after coming off of dry dock. The food was excellent all around. Our head waiter Nino was just awesome. I cried the last night at dinner telling him goodbye. I told him he could come home with me. The water slide was so much fun. We spent the majority of our time hogging the pool! Go figure the last day we get yelled at for drinking in the pool...opps! But the rooms are awesome. The bathrooms are remodeled from what I hear. The Inspiration got me hooked. My second cruise is already booked for this coming October on the Sensation. I hope she doesn't let me down!

As you can see by my signature, I love the Inspiration. Leaving from Tampa is easy. Coaumel is my favorite place to dive. I don't have to take any days off work for the 4 day leaving on Thursday. Staff wonderful and I love George the Greek. I sail on her every 2 weeks if I could afford it. Sandy

Hi Sandgnat - we are on the inspiration in November and my husband plans to dive while in Cozumel. Can you recommend a place for hubby to dive that is convenient to a beach (any beach) where I plan on spending the day with my young boys.

Thanks!

Hey Eydie

Every Day in Middle Georgia is Armed Forces Appreciation Day.

Also from Bonaire.

If you know my mom, don't tell her. We are thinking of giving her the cruise as a birthday surprise. Seriously though, I guess we will have to tell her a while in advance so she can apply for a passport.

I just returned from the Inspiration on April 3rd - what a great time on a great ship. Yes she is old, but with the refurbishments you cant tell the age of the ship. My review was just posted in the review section so go take a peek.

Go and surprise your Mom - she will love you for it :)

Eva

Thanks!

I loved the Inspiration. I took my Dad after my Mom died and he had never cruised either. We enjoyed everything. The ship was well maintained and the staff treated him lovely which is most important to me. He enjoyed himself and got relaxed some and it took his mind off my Mom for a few days so it was great, besides I got those 4 days with my Dad that are priceless. I would certainly sail her again and actually it ranks up there with one of my best cruises. Go I think you will enjoy it.

Hello!

We are leaving on the Inspiration June 21. Since, from what I have read on other posts, it seems each ship and how the time differences are handled is an individual ship issue that is up to the captain. I am hoping to hear from any of you that just sailed on the Inspiration... did the ship change its "Time" to match the port time.. or did it stay on ship time? We have an excursion that I booked thru Shore Trips in Cayman Islands.. it gets back 12:10 Island time.. and the ship leaves at 2 pm. If the ship changes times with the ports, we are good to go.. if it stays on Ship time and doesnt change, I will be getting back at 1:10 pm ship time and that might be cutting it too close. Shoretrips just sent me an email that the Inspiration changes time to match the port so I am ok.. but I want to double check with anyone that just experience this!

Thanks in advance!! :)

Book it tomarrow. Cruised on her on March 20th. Ship is all redone. New carpet, fabrics, flatscreens, mattresses and much more. Ship was spotless. Food was very good. Service was top notch. Shows were so-so to me. Band in the Avante Garde lounge was great (Music Blitz band)...

I did the 4 night cruise and will do one again on this ship...;)

I took your advice and just book the Inspiration for October.

Yeah!

Thanks!

Hubby and I went on the Inspiration Feb 7,2008. We really liked the ship and the port of Cozumel. I posted a review under the Review section on the board. Please have a look at it for details on our cruise. I would sail on The Inspiration again in a heartbeat. We loved it. Tampa is a very easy port to get to and sail out of. No problems at all with Embarkation and debarkation.

Archived