Currencies

Veryoldsalt

On our last Med cruise on Millennium in '05, most, if not all countries accepted Euros. Sailing on Crown on 5/20 out of Copenhagen; then, Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Pete, Tallinn, Gdansk, Oslo. How should I deal with the different currencies? Should I buy some in advance given the current USD exchange rate? Are Euros accepted?

On our last Med cruise on Millennium in '05, most, if not all countries accepted Euros. Sailing on Crown on 5/20 out of Copenhagen; then, Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Pete, Tallinn, Gdansk, Oslo. How should I deal with the different currencies? Should I buy some in advance given the current USD exchange rate? Are Euros accepted?

Check online to see what currency each country uses. Usually the cheapest exchange rates are at ATM's in each country. And you will also pay a fee from the bank. Since you won't be spending much time at each stop (a day or so), you won't need much currency. Try to estimate in advance how much you'll need so you don't get too much - you'll get another bad exchange rate if you try to trade it back in for dollars before you leave. You can also use credit cards in some places, but the rates aren't as good as the ATM's. You'll usually pay the most if you get foreign currency here in the U.S. before you leave - you won't need it until you get there so wait.

Archived