Conquest soda cards

when we sailed in February, the cards were $28 for kids (up to age 17) am not sure about adults, but it was like $35-$42 I think!

one tip for you--not sure if it applies in Galveston--but it did in Florida and I did not see the tip here on the boards until we got back--

if there is a local sales tax, wait till after the ship sails before you buy the card and you will save the tax. they do charge the 15% gratuity on the card, so when I bought it for my DD it came to about $34 with the gratuity and the local sales tax!

When we sailed the Conquest I remember that people were complaining about having bought them because unless you use it about 4 times a day it doesnt really save you money, and the waitstaff was VERY slow to fill them.

And I dont know how they charge for gratuity for them?!

But, that was a while ago. We debated about getting one, but just decided to stick with their free juices instead.

Either way, enjoy your cruise!

you are chaerged the 15% gratuity on the original purchase price of the soda card.

$28 for a seven day cruise= $4/ per day--not 4 sodas!! If the sodas are $1.50 each, then if you have 3 per day you are ahead of the game.

I got it for my 16 yr old DD.

I am fairly certain we made out on this deal ;) !

My friends are identical twins. Not big soda drinkers, but they got one card between the two of them. This worked out ok too!! One of them got sick on the cruise and it was worth its cost for the ginger ale's she needed alone!!

We did not notice any delay in service for the soda cards. If it was a pool bar, service was immediate. If it was in the dining room or lounge, it was just as long to get a drink, beer or soda--let's face it--they would try to fill their tray each time, you can't blame the waitstaff--gratuities are how they earn their money!!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived