Snuba with kids?

mkmom

Hi everyone. Has anyone who has taken this excursion with Mayan Paradise tours taken kids along under 12 years old(that is how old they have to be on the ships excursion). Also, has anyone opted to snorkel rather than snuba when others were snubaing? If so, how was the snorkeling?

thanks in advance,

Stacy

Mayan Paradise has a great snuba/snorkel tour. I went a few weeks ago and had a great time. The tour makes three stops. The first and third are snuba/snorkel stops, the second is snorkel only. They divide the people who are going to snuba into two groups, one to snuba the first reef, the other to snuba the last reef. In other words, even if you choose to snuba, you will still snorkel two of the three reefs.

When I went there were two boys about 12 years old. You would have to check with Mayan Paradise directly about their age restriction. Both boys ended up doing the snuba twice. They loved it so much the first time, their parents decided to give up their spots to them, while they just snorkeled.

How is the snorkeling? Well, except for the second reef, I would say it's pretty deep for snorkeling. However, I did see an eagle ray and a turtle on the first reef we went to, which I snorkeled. I've never seen either while snorkeling anywhere else in Cozumel.

Hope that helps!

Archived