Taxi to the Port

My husband and I are traveling on Carnival Valor on May 18th out of Miami. This is our third cruise and we did not purchase the transfers from Carnival due to a bad experience last year. We were planning on getting a taxi to to travel to and from the airport to the port, but I am now getting nervous about not having this planned in advance.

Does anyone know is it easy or difficult to get a taxi to the port without calling a taxi company and Are there taxis at the port to take you to the airport when you get back without calling a taxi company?

:p

Carnvial Fantasy - May 2004

Carnival Victory - May 2007

Carnvial Valor - May 2008

After go get your luggage, just go to the taxi stand--there will be tons of cabs, and it's about a 20 min. ride. $24.00 is the standard fare. Very easy!

Reverse that when you get off the ship! Taxis will be lined up-waiting !

(Don't forget the tip!!)

The nicest thing about NOT using the ship's shuttle is you can grab a cab and be at the port before the shuttle bus is even filled. You'll be in line ready for check in before the others even start unloading the bus at the pier.

Have a great time!

Archived