West to East coast??

Does anyone know if RCCL offers a cruise that goes from LA or San Diego to Ft. Lauderdale that includes Mexican Riviera and Panama Canal?? Did you ever cruise on it?? I see repos but none from the west coast to the east coast.

I appreciate any input.

Carol

I think they do. We're on Serenade next week, 4/19 on a repo from San Juan thru the Canal to SF. Radiance leaves the day after us, 4/20 from Fla, thru the Canal to San Diego. That is westbound. I'd bet in the fall it reverses & heads eastbound with a similar itinerary.

A couple of years ago I took the Radiance from San Diego through the Panama Canal and ended in Ft. Lauderdale - total of 15 days. We stopped on both sides of the canal in a couple of places and literally had every-other day 'at sea.' I thought it was a wonderful and relaxing cruise which I would do again in a heartbeat. To get one heading eastbound like I took you need to cruise in the fall as ships are coming back from Alaska, etc.

Monarch Of The Seas - Los Angeles to Miami - Oct 2008

Radiance Of The Seas - San Diego to Fort Lauderdale - Oct 2008

The problem with the mega ships that RCL has is most new ones are too big for the canal until the new canal is built around 2011.

Thank you for your posts. I figure this way we can do the Mexican Riviera and full transit Panama Canal. We did a partial transit in Jan. and it was great. We do like repos so I guess in '09 a repo is worth considering. Thanks again.

Archived