Virgin Gorda Baths with infant?

jnncooke

When I called and spoke to my TA and then Carnival. I was advised against it. I was told the terrain is rough getting there.

Thanks for the advice. That is what I have been hesitant about although some posts on the Tortola board act like it isn't that bad. I will probably just play it safe though:)

I actually would say bring the baby! I am not sure how they get you there exactly. But it is a lovely beach with calm waters on some sides because the rocks block the current a bit.

There is a long trail to the beach from the road which is a bit rocky and somewhat of an adventure. There are two spots that were a little challenging with my 3 year old. But not unmanageable at all. We just passed the baby a couple of times where you have to duck and climb a few rocks - IT IS WELL WORTH IT! I have been to many beaches and this is my FAVORITE!

I have attached a pic of the beach for you. The only other recommendation is to bring lots of sunblock and a hat for baby - it can get hot. But there are shaded areas with picnic tables also.

If you have an opportunity to take turns snorkling - it is the BEST!

l_ee6b924d60cef1cca993b2d7ef33b16d.jpg.7ccd5e7d79255cbfbafa0ae7ac94b4fb.jpg

Do Not go to Virgin Gorda with an infant. We went this past November with a nine year old and it was tough enough. To get from the parking area to the Baths is a very steep walk downhill (remember you have to go back up on the way out). When you get down to the beach the views are great. Once you get in the water there are lots of rocks, again not conducive if you're in the water holding your newborn. Hope this helps.

it is a beautiful place, just not infant friendly.

Bob

Archived