Which ship should we take  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Which ship should we take

• Carnival Freedom (6 day)
    • Carnival Liberty (7 day)
    • Carnival Valor (7 day)
    • Carnival Legend (7 day)
    • Carnival Triumph (7 day)

When I'm looking at caribbean cruises, the first thing I do is eliminate any with stops in the Bahamas or Jamaica. I don't care to ever go back to either place. So that eliminated 3 of your options right away. Based on ports, my first choice is the Legend and second is the Liberty.

ditto! my thoughts exactly!

I voted for the Legend! Belize, Roatan, Cozumel and Grand Cayman, how can you go wrong?

The Bahamas are so, bleh. I'd avoid sailing to the Bahamas if I were you. I did it once, and if I was ever there again I'd probably really think about staying on the ship. A lot of people don't like Jamaica, I haven't been so I *personally* don't have a preference.

I choose my cruises by the ports. Others may choose by the ship. It is definately a preference driven decision...I'm actually going on the Legend with Saints & Sinners 5 group with this itinerary:D

Good Luck in your decision and Happy Cruisin'!

Me too, thats why if I were picking Id do the ship out of Tampa because it goes to Roatan, one of my favorite ports.

I love the Liberty for a ship, but it looks as though the Legends itinerary is the best bet for you. If you are active people like you say than getting off the ship a doing fun things is what you should look for. All those ports have GREAT things to do... unlike the itinerary for the Liberty.

So my vote for you is the Legend.

Keep us posted to what you decide....

I have narrowed our cruise(s) down to 5 options. At this point I am not sure which one of the 5 we should book.:confused: All 5 cruises are around the same $. Is one ship better than the other? We are planning on taking our cruise in late November 2008. I have sailed with Carnival in the past...9 years ago on the Ecstasy.

For those that would like to take the time to point us in the right direction, it would be very helpful to us. I'm sure we can't go wrong with either of the 5 right? HELP US. My wife and I are both 33 yrs old, Married for 5 years, social drinkers, love food!, and quite active and never been on a vacation together (alone).

Anyway...your opinions are wanted. Feel free to rank the cruises 1-5 to help ease our decision making.

Carnival Freedom: (6 Day) Ft Lauderdale - Key West - Sea Day - Grand Cayman Islands - Ocho Rios Jamaica - Sea Day - Ft Lauderdale

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=FLL&itinCode=WC2&groupInd=&shipCode=FD&durDays=6&subRegionCode=CW

Carnival Liberty: (7 Day) Miami - Sea Day - San Juan Puerto Rico - St Thomas - St Maarten - Sea Day X 2 - Miami

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=MIA&itinCode=ECF&shipCode=LI&durDays=7&subRegionCode=

Carnival Valor: (7 Day) Miami - Nassau Bahamas - Sea Day - St Thomas - St Maarten - Sea Day X 2 - Miami

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=MIA&itinCode=ECI&groupInd=&shipCode=VA&durDays=7&subRegionCode=CE

Carnival Legend: (7 Day) Tampa - Sea Day - Grand Cayman Islands - Cozumel - Belize - Roatan Island Honduras - Sea Day - Tampa

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=TPA&itinCode=GMW&groupInd=&shipCode=LE&durDays=7&subRegionCode=CW

Carnival Triumph: (7 Day) Miami - Sea Day - Cozumel - Grand Cayman Islands - Ocho Rios Jamaica - Sea Day - Miami

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=MIA&itinCode=WCW&durDays=7&shipCode=TI&subRegionCode=CW%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20&rateCode=BCA&sailingID=45557&sailDate=11/30/2008

Thanks in advance for everyones passion and advice! :)

The Legend is a nice ship with great ports and you have to factor in the Port of Tampa and Tampa airport are all very easy.

The results are in and we have made our decision. We have booked our cruise on the Carnival Legend leaving on November 30, 2008.

I want to personally thank everyone for speaking up and giving us your feedback! Without you guys we might have ended up on the S.S. Minnow.;) I am so glad this message board exists for without it we all would just be taking shots in the dark!

Now we can start planning our shore excursions. I'm sure we'll be asking some more questions later in this category too.

Anyway, THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S HELP!!!

Gilligan Out:D

The results are in and we have made our decision. We have booked our cruise on the Carnival Legend leaving on November 30, 2008.

I want to personally thank everyone for speaking up and giving us your feedback! Without you guys we might have ended up on the S.S. Minnow.;) I am so glad this message board exists for without it we all would just be taking shots in the dark!

Now we can start planning our shore excursions. I'm sure we'll be asking some more questions later in this category too.

Anyway, THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S HELP!!!

Gilligan Out:D

Congrats, and have a great cruise.:D

It's working now. Maybe it was down when you tried?

Sallyb,

When you booked online with Victor Bodden for the Roatan Island Excursion, which tour(s) did you choose? Rough price? Your pictures and review sounds like something we would really enjoy.

You stated you went on the zip lines "Then it was off to the most beautiful beach we have ever visited! It was just a short swim out to an amazing reef." Was this all part of the tour you booked or did you find it on your own? Do you recall any info of the beach and/or reef?

Let me know if you have time. Thanks Troy

Troy,

When you book with Victor, you have the driver for the whole day and you choose what to do. Go to the Port of Call board for Roatan.

Here is a link to Victor's site.

http://boddentours.com/tours.htm

The cost depends on how many people you have. You pay for zip line, etc. in addition to the cost for the driver and van. The beach was right next to the one that Carnival uses for their excursion, it's really all one beach.

It was the best shore snorkeling we have ever done! I loved Roatan!

Troy,

When you book with Victor, you have the driver for the whole day and you choose what to do. Go to the Port of Call board for Roatan.

Here is a link to Victor's site.

http://boddentours.com/tours.htm

The cost depends on how many people you have. You pay for zip line, etc. in addition to the cost for the driver and van. The beach was right next to the one that Carnival uses for their excursion, it's really all one beach.

It was the best shore snorkeling we have ever done! I loved Roatan!

Thanks so much Sallyb, I'll look into it. Troy

Archived