Aruba diving-Just me

Slam308

My husband and I will be stopping in Aruba on the Voyager of the Seas repositioning cruise. He has no desire to go anywhere near water and will be hanging out in the bars.

I'm newly certified two months ago. I'm more inclined to do the private dive company so I'm not the airhog y'all complain about, but am looking for a very reputible place considering I'll be a woman, by myself. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I can steer you toward Pelican adventures. I went with them on a 1 tank afternoon dive on the wreck of the Antilla (sp?). They were a decent operator with a large, comfortable boat. They divided the group of 11 divers into 2 groups, each with a guide. I was a pretty new diver with I did this dive and felt quite comfortable using them.

I also went with Dive Aruba, a small operator with a 6 pack boat. Better choice for a more experienced diver, IMO, but if you are looking for the small boat experience, then contact Clive.

I would not go with Redsail. They are the contract dive operator for Carnival Cruises, RCCL / Celebrity Cruises, Princess Cruises, Radisson Seven Seas, Sun Cruises, and Costa Cruises. Just too big of a chance that you will be diving in a very large group and possibly have snorkelers along with you.

We have gone diving with Pelican several times over the years. We last dove with them July 2003 and they were very good. We had a small group and it was very nice. Their boat is also nice. We dove the Antilla which is the 380 foot sunken German freighter. The visability was not the best, but the wreck is worth seeing. Have fun.

Carole =^..^=

Came back from cruise in July. Dove with J.Oster (S.E.Aruba Fly 'n Dive) [searuba.fly.n.dive@setarnet.aw]. A small outfit, but they had two boats. One a sixplace semi rigid zodiac and the other held 14 divers.

They were good. They volunteered to pick us up and drop us off at the entrance to the cruise terminal. They dove a plane wreck and a reef near the cruise ships. Both were a bit silty in visibility, but they were enjoyable. Once you have been to Cozumel and CAymans, every other place has less than ideal visibility. No I haven't been to palau or indonesia.

Give them a call. They will work with you.

Archived