Port of Miami Hotel - Does it Still Exist?

kicker

In researching hotels near the Port of Miami, I came across this hotel. I can't seem to find much info on it - some reviews from 2006 & earlier, nothing else (pretty bad reviews, by the way). Has this possibly been replaced by the Wyndham? I'm asking, as we're flying into Ft Lauderdale the day before our cruise, and I'd like to get as close to the port as possible if I can pull it off. Right now our plans are staying in FL for the night with a rental car, then driving to the car drop-off, shuttling to port. Open to any better suggestions. Thanks.

The only Port of Miami Hotel I know of is the name of the Holiday Inn. Called The Port of Miami.....across the street from the Bayside Marketplace and a quick taxi to the port. We stay there often for the 1 night before. Have stayed in others for more than 1 night. But a 1 nighter is fine. And easy to spend time at Bayside watching the action; eating meals; and having something to do.

Lou

Are you saying there is/was a hotel called PORT OF MIAMI?

If I was sailing on July 2nd, I'd try Pricelining a 4 star in Downtown Miami, and just take GO Shuttle from FLL to my hotel. Then cab it over to the ship.

In researching hotels near the Port of Miami, I came across this hotel. I can't seem to find much info on it - some reviews from 2006 & earlier, nothing else (pretty bad reviews, by the way).

It's gone. Formerly known as the Howard Johnsons, nasty place when it was around.

Thanks Bequia - I was starting to think I dreamed it up! I knew a hotel had to exist since people wrote reviews about it - the location would have been great for cruisers - too bad they didn't keep the property up.

Archived