Entertainment Question - Looking for Recent Cruisers

kicker

Just wondering about your experiences with entertainment on the ships - any headliners? We're scheduled for Liberty OTS 5/24; I requested an entertainment schedule and was given three comedians, a juggler, and the RCCL dancers/singers. I've read posts about the Osmonds, Nelson (saw them - fantastic show!). Has RCCL cut back that far that a comedian is the main headliner? We did a 4 day Sovereign cruise last July - had a comedian every night, nothing else - no singers, dancers. So, for those who have cruised RCCL recently, let us know your experiences. Thanks.

We just got back from a 7 day Serenade cruise and the only entertainer's I remember were the Diamonds "Little Darling" from the 60's. The rest of the names didn't even sound interesting. The Diamonds put on a good show but that was it. One performance and they were gone. I don't even remember a comedian being on our cruise.

:) Personally, I would LOVE if a comedian were the headline show every night. Not big into the production shows at all.

But thats just me, so don't nail me too hard on this one.

Anyway, Yes I have noticed that RCCL has been cutting down on entertainment, especially on the bigger ships. Our entertainment on the Jewel and Brilliance was MUCH better, and more variety than that on the Freedom and Liberty.

We were on the Radiance in March.

We saw almost all the shows. The production shows were all quite good. I was very impressed with a couple of the singers especially.

The comedians were all funny and enjoyable.

There was also an olympic gymnast who was very good and entertaining.

Fun for all!:)

On the Brilliance of the Seas in February, the top-name headliner was Yakov Smirnoff. Yes, he's a comedian, but his show is not strictly comedy. We also had a very good Elton John impersonator, a magician, and an Argentinian Tango duo.

We also enjoyed the production shows very much.

Oh, yes, we also had the Superbowl. Something for everyone:D

Entertainment every night last week on the Mariner;

First night welcome show - comedian = Rick Starr; juggler - Rick Novell a funny routine while juggling

Second night (1st formal) - RC Singers & dancers in show "Front Row"

Late night comedy (Adult) = Rick Starr

Third night = Judy Kolba (singer & comedy) we really liked her

Fourth Night = Ice Skating night (Note: St Martin day and on-board was 7:30 so many out all day; extremely light in the dining room that night at main seating!)

Fifth night - Bobby Arvon (singer) - Oldies and standards; some loved, we left, not our style

Sixth night - RC Singers & dancers in "Pure Energy" - 80's tunes mostly; Second night for ice show

Seventh Night - Ending show - Comedian Robbie Prinz (short 20 minute set) & Rick Novell (juggling) - both good!

Was on serenade 2 weeks ago and this was my first cruise and i have to say I thought the shows in the main theater were really bad! the singers had good voices, but just the show content was really bad, just me. Hey it's entertainment. Plus our ship was really rockin on some nights and those poor dancers had some tough times.

On our recent cruise on the Voyager this past January we show an illusionist, who along with his nephew, was absolutely fabulous. The show starred LARAF (which I think stands for Larry and Raphael. Of course I could be wrong.) I found that their magic and grand illusions were equal to David Copperfield's. I would actually pay to see one of their shows again.

This is one of those shows that is not to be missed.

My girlfriend and I were on the same cruise as Apoggi above and perhaps jimmyjib...it was two weeks ago.....I did notice 'the Diamonds', but didn't see them. What I did see, 1)parts of the production shows....okay at best......2)An impressionist who though many of the audience found funny, I found 'lame'.....and 3)a comedian who was only marginally funny. Oh, I walked in on the tail end of 'El Gaucho', who is a man who dances and does tricks with two balls on a rope (an elongated numchuck sort of thingy)...I've seen him before, he's pretty good. Other than that, cheap entertainment.

Also there was the pool band who was good, a lounge band in the centrum, but only Karoke with a machine (not a band like on Enchantment in 06) in the Safari lounge.

It really does seem that re. entertainment and a few other things, RCCL has cut costs a little. I missed soft serve ice cream on the pool deck, and a few times the self serve coffee outside the WJ was out of regular coffee.

Archived