Juneau Excursion confusion!!

elusion

Hi!!

Was thinking of doing the Taku lodge excursion, but the steep price($275) has been stopping me from booking it yet.

What other options do my mum and I have?

Not interested in whale watching, or glacier dog sledding. Have got 8.5 hours in port, will be planning to do the Mendenhall glacier, but what do we do for the main excursion?

I think mom would like Taku over the glacier helicopter ride, are there any other companies that offer similar for cheaper?

thanks!

We've booked a trip to Tracy Arm, but time will be tight for you. Try a google search for Adventure Bound Alaska to see if this works into your itinerary. They are reasonably priced and I understand that it is an awesome trip. On some days they'll run a 9 am trip that isn't posted on the website. You'll need to call or email to see if it's running on the day that you are in port.

Hi!!

Was thinking of doing the Taku lodge excursion, but the steep price($275) has been stopping me from booking it yet.

What other options do my mum and I have?

Not interested in whale watching, or glacier dog sledding. Have got 8.5 hours in port, will be planning to do the Mendenhall glacier, but what do we do for the main excursion?

I think mom would like Taku over the glacier helicopter ride, are there any other companies that offer similar for cheaper?

thanks!

Gold Panning History

Salmon Bake for dinner

Mt. Roberts Tramway

I have seen the Taku Lodge Excursion sold by an independent. I have no further info, though...

We did the Taku Excursion.

It is excellent....

and gentle.

A great excursion for Mom ! :)

• 3 months later...

If the Taku Lodge Flight and Feast is what you REALLY want to do, then I would do it. After all - how often will you be going to Alaska?

The same company that does the Taku Lodge excursion for the cruise ships also books it independently: http://www.wingsairways.com/juneau-floatplane-tours.html

**Just noticed that the OP started this thread in April and cruised in May! Hope she enjoyed Juneau!

Archived