Need Watertown Hotel in Seattle Information

Justanut

I'm looking for information about The Watertown Hotel. Although apparently it's not downtown Seattle - they offer free shuttle to various places which would be nice! Some friends and I will be flying into Seattle next month to depart on a cruise to Alaska. We will spend one day and one night in Seattle. We plan to do some sightseeing and would like to find a place where we can walk around and see a lot (or have shuttle service take us). THANKS!

I'm looking for information about The Watertown Hotel. Although apparently it's not downtown Seattle - they offer free shuttle to various places which would be nice! Some friends and I will be flying into Seattle next month to depart on a cruise to Alaska. We will spend one day and one night in Seattle. We plan to do some sightseeing and would like to find a place where we can walk around and see a lot (or have shuttle service take us). THANKS!

OK, I found it. It is in the University District at about 42nd and Roosevelt. It is about 1/2 hour north of downtown on the bus. This is the first I have ever heard about it. Here is their website:

http://www.watertownseattle.com/

Karen, I think you overstate how long it takes to get out there. I take any of the #70 Metro buses out to the U District fairly regularly, and it's about 20 minutes max., with the bus making stops. If they're offering a shuttle into downtown, it should be a snap, and less than 30 minutes. (Although if it were me, I'd stay right in the heart of downtown!) ;)

I've never been in the Watertown, but I've walked by it...looks like a nice place.

Karen, I think you overstate how long it takes to get out there. I take any of the #70 Metro buses out to the U District fairly regularly, and it's about 20 minutes max., with the bus making stops. If they're offering a shuttle into downtown, it should be a snap, and less than 30 minutes. (Although if it were me, I'd stay right in the heart of downtown!) ;)

I've never been in the Watertown, but I've walked by it...looks like a nice place.

Jen, I take the 70, 71, 72 or 73 every day from South Lake Union and it takes 10-15 minutes from here, depending on traffic (rush hour is twice as long because of the hang up at Fairview and Mercer) and they are going all the way to near the end of the line.

Justanut ---- Get a hotel room down town. For one night staying in the U District would not be convenient. Plus on the day of the cruise you will need to take a cab to the pier. For one day -- bite the bullit and stay in the down town area.

I agree totally! Inn at the Market is my favorite, and while it might cost a little more than some of the other downtown hotels, it's worth it to be right there at the Market, close to so many other tourist "must sees", and with such an incredible view of Elliott Bay, Mt. Rainier, the Olympics, etc., etc.!

Archived