Left lonely at they pier by BOUNTY

Scorpiorose

Beware.....we booked with Bounty.....independent operation which said it will send a taxi to pick us up for a snorkel adventure with two snorkel spots and lunch.....they were a NO SHOW.....we waited 1 1/2 at the pier no one came for us. I asked before what the proceedure was and they specifically said they would send us a taxi.....we just went to a beautiful beach resort so it was fine but this was the one excursions that I booked and was disappointed that we didn't get to snordel the reef as planned.

Bounty left us high and dry :(

• 2 years later...

This is an old post but I just wanted to point out that instead of waiting and then giving up they should have called Bounty Adventures to see what the hold up was. They could have taken their own taxi to make the sailing too. Folks, make sure you have all of the information with you when you book a tour so you can contact the tour operator should there be a problem. Also, take whatever information the ship gives you, like the local agent, in case you are delayed getting back to the ship.

This is an old post but I just wanted to point out that instead of waiting and then giving up they should have called Bounty Adventures to see what the hold up was. They could have taken their own taxi to make the sailing too. Folks, make sure you have all of the information with you when you book a tour so you can contact the tour operator should there be a problem. Also, take whatever information the ship gives you, like the local agent, in case you are delayed getting back to the ship.

It is an old post but a good warning. I don't think you should have to work that hard to be sure you get what you reserved. I think it is a good reminder to everyone to check out tour guides on these boards and be sure you see lots of recommendations before booking with them.

It is an old post but a good warning. I don't think you should have to work that hard to be sure you get what you reserved. I think it is a good reminder to everyone to check out tour guides on these boards and be sure you see lots of recommendations before booking with them.

To me it's not working hard to make sure you bring along your reservation confirmation with contact information. If you want to book on your own instead of using the ship's shore desk then you need to make some extra effort to make sure all runs accordingly.

You make a good point about researching the tour companies. It so happens this company does get positive recommendations, especially from people who visit Curacao a lot. You also have to be wary of "false" negatives on these boards as well. I'm not comfortable at all with the o.p.'s story since there is no mention of following up with the company to find out what happened.

• 2 months later...
Just wanted to report that I went with Bounty Adventures on December 21. They picked me up at the appointed time. No trouble at all. The security guards at the cruise ship terminal know them and showed me exactly where to wait.

Just because you got picked up and had a good experience, the OP didn't. Your experience in no way invalidates his bad one .

Btw.. You don't mention that you had to call to be picked up.. If you didn't have to call, why do expect others to ?

Srpilo

Just because you got picked up and had a good experience, the OP didn't. Your experience in no way invalidates his bad one .

Btw.. You don't mention that you had to call to be picked up.. If you didn't have to call, why do expect others to ?

Srpilo

I didn't call because the taxi appeared at the appointed time. But it's common sense when someone doesn't show for an appointment to contact them.

Srpilo

I didn't call because the taxi appeared at the appointed time. But it's common sense when someone doesn't show for an appointment to try to contact them.

I didn't call because the taxi appeared at the appointed time. But it's common sense when someone doesn't show for an appointment to try to contact them.

Isn't then also common sense to label someone as a "No-Show" as the OP did when they don't show up for that appointment ?

No-Show means just that.. If you have to call them it's not really an appointment is it.

Srpilo

Archived