Wine tasting excursion in Livorna. Are you allowed to bring back wine to consume.

swifty

DW and I would like to do the wine tasting excursion when we stop at Livorno on our Legend of the Seas cruise this summer. It would be nice if we could purchase some wine at the tasting and be able to have it with our dinner on board. Does anyone know if this is allowed given the very strict alcohol restrictions. It would really be a shame if we are not allowed to do this.

I highly doubt that you could bring the wine onboard for consumption during the cruise. We were on the Legend last summer and had the same screening routine at every port; saw lots of bottles being labelled for pick-up/delivery the last evening.

Sorry..

Kathy:)

Thank you for your responses. I really do think, however, that they are taking the"no alcohol brought on board" policy a bit too far. After all, it is their excursion.

I can´t see where there is a difference between wine that is brought aboard from any shop or vinery ashore in relation to wine brought aboard from a ship sponsored excursion:confused:

Wine is wine and they have a rule that doesn´t allow it.

I can´t see where there is a difference between wine that is brought aboard from any shop or vinery ashore in relation to wine brought aboard from a ship sponsored excursion:confused:

Wine is wine and they have a rule that doesn´t allow it.

Yes, BUT they are on a Med cruise with almost no Italian wines on it. You would think that should be part of the lure to traveling the Med is to enjoy Europe the entire time you are there (not chianti in port and Berringer White Zin on board).

You would think more people would book their excursion if that wine was allowed to be brought on board for consumption....

We took a Med cruise in Oct. 2006 along with three other couples. While the rest of the group toured Florence, my husband and I took one of the ship's Tuscany excursions. Part of the tour included a wine tasting and fabulous Tuscan lunch at a family owned winery in Voltare. We purchased 3 bottles of their superb chianti. More than half the group did the same and we all carried the wine back on ship with no problem. That evening at dinner, the eight of us enjoyed this fabulous wine as we shared our memorable day. The cost of the wine along with the corkage fee was equal to the cost of a middle of the road RCI wine, but was so much better than anything else we drank the entire cruise. It's a shame we can no longer enjoy this little pleasure of life.

We took a Med cruise in Oct. 2006 along with three other couples. While the rest of the group toured Florence, my husband and I took one of the ship's Tuscany excursions. Part of the tour included a wine tasting and fabulous Tuscan lunch at a family owned winery in Voltare. We purchased 3 bottles of their superb chianti. More than half the group did the same and we all carried the wine back on ship with no problem. That evening at dinner, the eight of us enjoyed this fabulous wine as we shared our memorable day. The cost of the wine along with the corkage fee was equal to the cost of a middle of the road RCI wine, but was so much better than anything else we drank the entire cruise. It's a shame we can no longer enjoy this little pleasure of life.

We took this tour last summer on Celebrity bought Olive Oil and Wine 2 bottles of each and again at another olive oil and wine tour - never had a problem bringing it onboard - it was not for consumption however

Archived