SYDNEY and THE CABOT TRAIL...should we drive it?

We are thinking about renting a car in Sydney and driving the Cabot Trail in early August. We are in port from 9AM-9PM, so there would be plenty of time to do that. We are concerned about the possibility of fog & getting lost. How easy is it to do this drive and if you've driven it, was it worth it? We'd love to hear from people who have been there!

I've done it, but I stayed at a motel along the way and really took my time. There is no predicting the weather. Yes, you can miss your turn and get mixed up. I had OnStar and used it at one point. Yes it did work on the Cabot Trail.

We have rented in Sydney from budget- they will pick you up at the port and bring you back when you return the car. I don't know if they are open in the evening. We did part of the Cabot trail, it is hit or miss as to weather but we enjoyed the part we did. If you try http://novascotia.com/en/home/default.aspx

They will send you a lot of information about Nova Scotia and the Cabot trail as well as maps. The folks at budget also mapped out a tour for us they thought we could do in the time we had. On another cruise we drove along the Bras D'Or which was also great.

Archived