St Martin: Golden Eagle Catamaran w/ kids?

ksc37

Has anyone done this excursion with younger kids? We're looking for a fun excursion in St. Maarten for our kids (boys - 5 & 7).

We're not too interested in spending the day at the beach - my kids get bored after a couple of hours. Maho Beach looks cool, but my younger son can't stand loud noises, so I'm afraid he'd be miserable.

I'm thinking that the best option for us would be a 3-4 hour boat excursion with a beach stop. I've looked at the Lord Sheffield, but I'm afraid that it may be too crowded now that it is an RCI excursion (we will be on RCI), so I was wondering about the Golden Eagle - it seems to get positive reviews, but will it be alright for younger children?

Thanks for any opinions!

Karen

• 3 weeks later...

We did this excursion twice (2 different cruises.) The first time all 5 of the kids went, the 2nd time the 4 yr old wasn't allowed as she was too young (but yet she went when she was 3.....) Anyway, very good excursion on a nice catamaran. Watch the descriptions however, the 2nd one anchored right off a nudist beach (club) and they too had a catamaran in the water. My DH had some interesting discussions with the two 7r olds, 10 and 11 yr old about the hanging out with no clothes on! I thought they would be too far off shore to really notice, but I was wrong and they saw everything! It was rather funny, but could be awkward.

It has been so long since I posted this question, I thought it was forever lost ;). I appreciate any advice and shared experiences. I have read that there is the potential for nudity, so I plan to forewarn the kids that there may be some people who are naked.

We did go ahead and book this excursion for, because it seems to have a little of both activities we're looking for (boating and beach), without being too much. We're really looking forward to it (August can't get here soon enough!)

Thanks again,

Karen

When it says "potential" for nudity, I had downplayed it. There was ALOT more than what I was expecting and wasn't thinking much would be noticed from the catamaran. My husband and friends had a good time with the questions from the kids! Not our style, but the kids learned that some people are different! It was a good excursion- both times!

lubyshell - Based on your counter, I think we'll be there the same week... we're on August 2nd sailing of Liberty of the Seas - we'll be in St Martin on the 5th.

kayguz - I'm glad to hear the excursion is fun, with or without nakedness. We will stick with our decision - I think my boys will enjoy it, and they just may have some extra details to tell grandma & grandpa when we get back to the ship;)

We did this excursion when we sailed on the Disney Magic back in 2005. My kids were 9 and 5 at the time. They had a blast! I seem to remember there was a jumping off point on the catamaran where the kids could do cannonballs into the water. My son did this for hours. We did see the nude beach, but we were anchored far enough away that you couldn't really see anything. My kids never noticed it at all.

Archived