What should we do in PR at night???

dankevork

We are spending all day in PR (arrive at 10am, zipline at 10:30 until 2:30 and then do not leave PR until 11pm)

That being said...what should we do at night in PR? I have not been in any port this late, so this will be a first. TIA

Dan

Will you be back in OSJ by 2:30pm?

If yes, you will have time to check out one of the forts (El Morro or San Cristobel). OSJ is not that large so you can just then wander around the main areas and check out the Cathedral, the squares, Governors mansion, Christ Chapel - even at night it is a beautiful city. Don't forget the Paseo La Princesa promenade just along from the cruise ship piers.

If it is a Sat / Sunday their is plenty going on (artisans / musicians) close to the piers.

Plenty of restaurants to choose from.

Check out this google map and zoom into OSJ to get an idea where the attractions are

http://www.visit-the-coqui.com/puerto-rico-travel-map/

enjoy

I think the Princess is here on Saturdays.

After the zipline, come back to OSJ.

I would head to the Museum of the Americas (closes at about 4pm It is air conditioned! A great collection of things related to PR and the world. A fantastic Indian museum is in there also. Then head to El Morro (just across the street). It closes at 5p when you are here. Then head down to the Casita area where you will find a big artisan thing going on and a live music show at 5:30p until about 8pm. It is at the Paseo La Princesa (as you walk off the ship to the left).

At 8pm at the restaurant El Botin, there is a Flamenco dancing show and music.

Fridays are a little tougher!

El Botin has an 8pm Flamenco show again.

I forgot about the "la Rumba" boat- it is a floating nightclub that goes out Fri/Sat and Sun. Saturday the first boat is at 9:30pm. On Sunday, there are evening trips (5:30p and 7:30p), where they give you a tour from the water.

But on Fri. the first boat goes out at 10:30p (probably too late for you guys).

If you walk around, you will here music from all the bars. Real SJ nightlife doesn't start until really late, but you will find something going on.

Maybe some one else can think of something else....

Archived