Promenade staterooms??

traingal

We've done forty cruises and I think it was on the Maasdam that we had a front cabin on the Promenade deck and it was terrible! Windows on side and front. Never again! We had to keep the drapes closed all the time. It was impossible to sleep late, all the early morning walkers were not very quiet. Even late at night we sometimes were awakened by noisy strollers.:eek:

You might want to see what is below the room. Friends of ours were thrilled to be assigned a promanade room after booking an inside guarantee... until they got on ship and realized they were over the Irish Pub....and ST. Patricks day was that week. :eek:

We've done forty cruises and I think it was on the Maasdam that we had a front cabin on the Promenade deck and it was terrible! Windows on side and front. Never again! We had to keep the drapes closed all the time. It was impossible to sleep late, all the early morning walkers were not very quiet. Even late at night we sometimes were awakened by noisy strollers.:eek:

Sounds like a bad room you had. I'll have to remember that. But on Royal Caribbean's Voyager and Freedom class ships, a promenade room is an inside room that overlooks the "Royal Promenade", the mall-like center of the ship, not necessarily a room on a Promenade Deck. Easily confused if not familiar with RCI's ships. :)

We are booked in a promenade room on VOS on 4/20/08. Cannot wait!!!! :D

Archived