Room-to-room phones - Holiday

LakerMom

We are cruising on the Holiday with the family. My kids 21, 19 and 14 will be staying in one cabin and my husband and I in another cabin. Since I am not allowing the kids to take their cell phones for fear of too many text messages and calls while on the cruise, I was wondering if the cabins had in-room phones to call another cabin. My TA said they will not guarantee two cabins together unless I paid an additional $100 per person. I didn't feel like I needed to spend that extra money because the kids are old enough to stay by themselves and the older ones can take care of my younger one. The kids usually use their cell phones as their alarm clock. I was wondering if I would be able to call their room from my room and not be charged for any calls, that way I can make sure they are up and ready to go and don't sleep thru an alarm clock.

We are cruising on the Holiday with the family. My kids 21, 19 and 14 will be staying in one cabin and my husband and I in another cabin. Since I am not allowing the kids to take their cell phones for fear of too many text messages and calls while on the cruise, I was wondering if the cabins had in-room phones to call another cabin. My TA said they will not guarantee two cabins together unless I paid an additional $100 per person. I didn't feel like I needed to spend that extra money because the kids are old enough to stay by themselves and the older ones can take care of my younger one. The kids usually use their cell phones as their alarm clock. I was wondering if I would be able to call their room from my room and not be charged for any calls, that way I can make sure they are up and ready to go and don't sleep thru an alarm clock.

Yes you can...We did it in August when my hubby and I were in one room and my son and nephew in another.

You can call room to room for no charge and also you can set up a wake up call thru the phone.

When are you going on the Holiday? My girlfriends and I leave in 9 days.

We are not leaving until July 28th . . . way too long to have to wait.

Thanks everyone for your quick responses to my question.

Archived