Sydney - Baddeck/Bell Museum or Iona/Highland Village Museum?

We'll be in Sydney from 1-6 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 11, and the Celtic Colours Festival will have just begun. Because of our short time in port, we will do one of the ship's excursions. The two that interest me the most are "Scenic Baddeck and Bell Museum" (4 hours) and "The Heart of the Island" (Iona and the Highland Village Museum - 3.5 hours). At first I was leaning towards Baddeck/Bell, until I looked at the web site for the Highland Village Museum (http://museum.gov.ns.ca/hv/). From Sydney - which drive + attraction gives a better "taste" of Nova Scotia?

Have been to Nova Scotia several times but not on cruise. For a quick visit, especially in October with the leaves in color, I'd go to Iona and Highland Village. The village is charming reconstruction of old Nova Scotia; Iona has strong Celtic connection. Baddeck is a pretty resort town, and the Bell Museum is one of the best. But, by a hair, I'd choose Highland Village tour. Hope you have a great time!

Archived