Bring our own or use the ships?

um5xno1

As another option, consider a collapsible bed rail. Ours fit inside a 28" rolling suitcase. We used it on the in room sofa which our cabin steward made up as a bed. It worked great and did not take up space in the room at night or during the day. Our DD was 15 months old on her first cruise, but it would have been fine when she was a year.

Where did you get a collapsible bed rail? We are planning a cruise for next year with my then 2 1/2 year old and this sounds like a great idea and would love to get one. Thanks.

Where did you get a collapsible bed rail? We are planning a cruise for next year with my then 2 1/2 year old and this sounds like a great idea and would love to get one. Thanks.

Try this, seems like a good idea!

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=6780&parentCategoryId=85183&categoryId=85216&subCategoryId=86203

We used these little portable sleepers called Pea pods for our 2yo twins on our cruise in october. They were fabulous! They have a blow up mattress that fits inside and a look like a little tent. The kids loved them and thought they were camping. I didn't have to worry about them falling out of a bed either! They are totally portable too! They fold up to about an inch thick and are easy to pack in any suitcase. I think I got them from onestepahead.com

We used a PeaPod last week on the Carnival Liberty for a 14 month old. It was PERFECT. we practiced with it at home during naptimes before we left, so when we got on the cruise, we were ready to go. Very space efficient, comfortable, and easy to carry.

We used a PeaPod last week on the Carnival Liberty for a 14 month old. It was PERFECT. we practiced with it at home during naptimes before we left, so when we got on the cruise, we were ready to go. Very space efficient, comfortable, and easy to carry.

Where do you get one of these?

I'm still confused about whether Carnival uses Pack N Plays or small "cribs". We are going on Carnival Liberty next March with a 17 month old and I'm trying to figure out whether I am going to lug our own Pack N Play.

They use metal port a cribs. Smaller than a pack and play but easier to keep clean, just wipe down the metal rails. My DD used one on 3 cruises on Carnival. She fit well up until about age 2.5. Now she's too big for it and we will just use the pull out couch.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I had this same question and decided to take our PNP. We ended up using the ship's crib all week and never unpacked the PNP. My DS slept fine in the crib, and actually enjoyed standing and playing in it. We were on the Carnival Glory and the crib was in excellent condition. I would recommend taking sheets. They used a standard sheet in the crib and folded it under. It usually ended up in wad underneath him and didn't look as comfortable.

Did you request one prior to sailing or did you ask for one on the ship? We're going on the Glory in January 2011 to the Eastern Caribbean with our son will be 16 months when we sail.

We've used a Regalo Travel cot on vacation and my younger son still fits it. I just use a blanket under a cribsheet to make it more comfy.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Regalo-My-Cot-Travel-Bed/4433186

When I spoke to my travel agent, she thought a portable PNP wasn't allowed b/c of fire regulations? I wanted to bring my travel cot b/c I'm not sure about the pullman beds for my younger son.

From reading this thread, you can bring a travel type bed? Does it depend on the ship or what stateroom you have? (we are on RCCL EOS with an Oceanview).

Sorry to hijack this thread made me wonder about bringing a bedrail or travel cot. The bedrail for the small couch might work for our needs...

Just wondering:)

Did you request one prior to sailing or did you ask for one on the ship? We're going on the Glory in January 2011 to the Eastern Caribbean with our son will be 16 months when we sail.

Was wondering the same thing our baby will be 2 when we sail in November and has never slept with us in our bed...

Archived