Friends for Life, Thanks Carnival!!

edmonton31

We just got back from our first cruise and we had a blast. The first night we met our table mates from California and we hit it off right away. They were our age and we had so much in common with them. We ended up spending a lot of time with them and we spent the port days together and swam with the Dolphins also. It was really sad saying goodbye and there were some tears shed. Being from Canada, we don't have to many American friends, but now we have friends for life all from a 7 day cruise!!

I read stories about people meeting on the cruises and becoming friends etc....it was really cool that it happened to us as well!

Who knew?

We just got back from our first cruise and we had a blast. The first night we met our table mates from California and we hit it off right away.

Those folks from CA sure are awesome! :cool:

Seriously, glad to hear you had a great time!

Are you going to do a review? We did the Pride last year and had a great time. We are going to take the ship to the canal next year. What was your flights like?

Our flights were pretty good. We flew WestJet to LA the day before. American Airlines to Las Vegas (not so pleasent) then a direct Westjet flight from Vegas to Edmonton yesterday after 6 days in Vegas. We were lucky that we didn't get stranded with AA because 2 days after we flew with them they grounded a bunch of the same planes we flew for safety inspections. The plane was old and after being spoiled on WestJet, not the highlite of our trip. It was only an hour flight though so no big deal. We are planning our next cruise in March 09....probablly The Western Caribbean out of Miami.

I can thank my recent cruise on the Pride March 2, also for meeting some people I'm sure to be friends with for life. We had a cruise critic roll call going for about 6 months before our cruise and we got to know each other before our cruise. We met up on the ship and "clicked". Some of us are booked on a cruise in April 09 (Splendor) and we still talk on our roll call to this day!!!:)

THANKS CRUISE CRITIC AND CARNIVAL!!!!!!:D :D

Our flights were pretty good. We flew WestJet to LA the day before. American Airlines to Las Vegas (not so pleasent) then a direct Westjet flight from Vegas to Edmonton yesterday after 6 days in Vegas. We were lucky that we didn't get stranded with AA because 2 days after we flew with them they grounded a bunch of the same planes we flew for safety inspections. The plane was old and after being spoiled on WestJet, not the highlite of our trip. It was only an hour flight though so no big deal. We are planning our next cruise in March 09....probablly The Western Caribbean out of Miami.
We flew on NWA on our last cruise out of Tampa and was not impressed. We are going to look at WJ and AC for our next cruise as they have a better service and are not as likely to go under.

May I suggest you look at the Legend for yor next cruise, same class of ship and the port of Tampa is easier than Miami.

We flew on NWA on our last cruise out of Tampa and was not impressed. We are going to look at WJ and AC for our next cruise as they have a better service and are not as likely to go under.

May I suggest you look at the Legend for yor next cruise, same class of ship and the port of Tampa is easier than Miami.

Yes we are just beginning the research now so we'll take all the advice there is! As for airlines, WestJet is the best airline I have ever flown hands down. They have it all figured out. Comftorable leather seats, a tv for every passenger, super friendly and hillarious flight crew and the ride has always been great! We have flown Alaskan Airlines, Horizon, United, Ted, AA, AC, America West and none of them have even come close to the service and overall experience of WestJet. I have flown WJ about 10 times and it's been great every time!

Archived