Hair and Makeup in Miami

I am getting married on the Imagination in port in Miami on November 14. I received package information from Carnival about someone they use. Has anyone had experience with this service? Or any other salon in Miami? We are staying downtown near the port the night before.

My SIL to be hired Gloria Pelo to do hair and make up. She did the make up and an asst. did the hair. There were three of us in total. She came to the hotel and 6:30 am to have us to the pier for 10 am. She did a marvelous job. The hair and make up lasted well into the evening! And it was HOT and steamy that day! I believe if you look up her name on the internet it will show her website.:) Have a great wedding and sailing!!

I had the same problem with Gloria Pelo, I thought her prices were outrageous. I booked an appointment at Panache Salon, it's in the Biscayne Bay Marriot hotel. I know that Royal Caribbean usually uses them for their Miami weddings. The prices seem a bit more reasonable, when I spoke with them he said that the prices are usually around $65 for hair. If you're going with Royal Caribbean don't book your appointment through them, call the salon and make it yourself because Royal Caribbean will tell you it's more expensive. Good Luck!

I am using Gloria Pelo, I know its expensive but to me it was worth the peace of mind that someone would come to me and do our hair/makeup. I wouldn't have to worry about finding a salon and driving to it the morning of. The one in the marriot I have not read anything bad but not many good either, most of the posts about it talk about them not speaking good english, so I didn't go with that option either.

OMG!!! We only paid 140.00 a person for hair and make upin Nov. !! It was worth it to have her come there..we used her for the same reasons posted above...didn't want to be lost on that important day..could NOT understand the other hotel person in charge of the salon at the RC recommended site AND..they couldn't get us in early in the am...$600!!! OUCH!!! Good luck with your search....

Her prices are all over the price because when I asked for a quote she wanted $250 for me and $160 for the girls in my wedding party! I might have gone for something like that but I'm a hairdresser and I know that there is no updo in the world worth $250

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for all of the info. I will contact Panache. :)

Did you have any luck contacting them? My wedding isn't until Aug 2009 but I'm already stressing about having to have my hair done by 1030AM, there is no way I can do it myself I'm clueless in that department!

merocket- I'm getting married on the 17th of May I made my appointment with them I have to be on the cruise for 10 and they are opening at 8 to fo our hair and it's very close so that gives you lots of time.

I booked about six months ahead and they must open up early all the time for cruises because when I told him I had to be at the cruise by ten he just said oh no problem we'll open early then. You should be fine

Archived