Nassau Segway Tour

cck0000

We had a blast! It was our first time riding Segways.

We booked this through the ship (royal Carib) since I hadnt been able to find an independant tour operator.

Me and my husband and kids (ages 12 and 13) totally enjoyed this tour, it may have been our favorite afternoon of the cruise.

I was the only one fairly nervous about driving one of these, but the guides gave us plenty of practice time. Everyone else took to it very quickly and easily.

We only went to one stop-Fort Charlotte. It was a quick 10 minute stop and a nice enthusiastic guide walked us through. Great views of the ship and shore from up there!

After that we went through the run down hurricane-destroyed botanical gardens. There were some locals there having an easter egg hunt.

It was totally fun to be driving those segway things. Our guide took some pictures of us, and pointed out some fauna.

Thats it, it seemed short, but we loved it.

We are looking forward to riding segways in another port of call sometime soon.:)

Sounds great. We are thinking of doing the Segways next week. Do you mind telling me what the cost was? Also, are you allowed to take pictures or can you only buy the ones they take? I thought I heard somewhere that they didn't allow cameras - safety concern they said.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Thats right, they had us pack our stuff, and our cameras in the zipper pouch on the segway. It would have been hard/unsafe to try to take pictures while driving.....

We did stop in the gardens and the guide offered to have us pose while he used our camera though! Those came out great. Also, they do take a picture of us up at the fort that you can buy for 15$. We did.

The cost, I dont remember, but it was alittle pricey I think.

But it was a ship excursion so you could look it up pretty easily on the website.

have fun

If your looking for another port to try a Segway tour, we did one in San Juan that was private and cost $35.00 p.p for a 45 minute tour plus 15 minutes training. I posted a review on that board. Jose, the guide took our camera and he took lots of pictures of us riding the Segways. They did not sell any pictures. This is so much fun, try it in whichever port you get the chance!

Archived