?? on changing prices

fundayz

I have read a lot on this board about prices lowering after putting down your deposit. I am new to this and don't fully understand how this works. Where do you go to find out if the price has dropped? We booked with a TA is this something we should ask her about? Would it change our cabin assignment?

What is the likelihood that our July cruise to Alaska would lower in price?

I'm sorry for asking so many questions, but if we can save some money on our honeymoon we can spend more while we are there.:)

All help is greatly appreciated. BTW we have paid off a little over 1/2 of our cruise and final payment is due first week of May.

When you make your deposit, check the 'official' Princess price of the cruise for your cabin and category, either online or by phone and make note of it. Most TA's will discount their price from this Princess price.

Then, just keep an eye on the Princess price. If it goes down before final payment, call and ask for a reduction of your price.

If the price changes after final payment, you have to look closely at the offer to determine if it is a general offer, or a flash price/new bookings only price. Most times, if the price goes down after final payment due dates, it is a flash promotion, which means you are not eligible for that price. Sometimes not, however, and in that case you can sometimes get a cabin upgrade or onboard credit for the difference in what you paid.

Then, just keep an eye on the Princess price. If it goes down before final payment, call and ask for a reduction of your price.

Actually, the time to ask this is before you book with a travel agent. Before you book, you should ask the TA if they will try to obtain price reductions you find on your behalf with the cruise lines. Some that discount won't.

To determine if a price has dropped you need to actually do a fake booking on the website without going all the way through and actually holding the cabin. If you see a reduction in what you paid, call your TA, tell her what you found and ask if she can get it for you.

Thanks. Checked and it has lowered by less than $100. Don't think it is worth the effort at this point to try and get TA to lower the price.

Keep checking as the cruise gets closer. If it drops any more than that, you should absolutely contact the TA.

While it isn't Princess, we just went to make final payment for a client on an RCCL Baltic cruise and I checked for pricing and they had a Senior Special and my clients cruise price dropped $2000. I was able to get that applied for them, but not every TA has the time to check for price drops for all their clients.

When I called my client, she was under the assumption that the cruise line would have automatically applied the Senior Discount to them. Not true.

So keep checking. You may want to call your TA now to ask what their policy is if you find a price drop (that isn't for new bookings only). Make sure they will try and get it for you if you find one. You don't want to find out if it happens that they won't honor it.

Hi, this is a very interesting thread... the thing is we´ve booked our cruise with an online TA, in USA, and I´ve no way to know with detail if Princess drops the price as whenever I enter the web, it detects im in Europe and gives me the prices in Euros instead of Dollars. Could anyone tell me which is the actual Princess price for an interior cabin I category, sailing on board Emerald Princess on August 16th? thank you

.....Could anyone tell me which is the actual Princess price for an interior cabin I category, sailing on board Emerald Princess on August 16th? thank you

Princess site shows me for the Grand Med cruise (for two) - Cruise Fare $3,478.00 / Gov't Taxes and Fees $107.50 / Fuel Supplement $120.00 / Total Price** (USD) $3,705.50

After logging into My Princess account for two it is Cruise Fare $3,348.00 / Gov't Taxes and Fees $107.50 / Fuel Supplement $120.00 / Total Price** (USD) $3,575.50

I posted Princess in Australia's answer to my query re price change. In Aussie no reduction if price drops :mad:also must pay huge deposit and you lose everything, if you need to cancel, no substitution of passengers no choice of alternative cruise.

Aussies beware. Get FCC and really good travel insurance.

Princess site shows me for the Grand Med cruise (for two) - Cruise Fare $3,478.00 / Gov't Taxes and Fees $107.50 / Fuel Supplement $120.00 / Total Price** (USD) $3,705.50

After logging into My Princess account for two it is Cruise Fare $3,348.00 / Gov't Taxes and Fees $107.50 / Fuel Supplement $120.00 / Total Price** (USD) $3,575.50

Thanks very much!!!! It´s still a bit more expensive than the price I got at the TA, but it´s very close... do you think prices go down the nearer the cruise?

I booked direct with Princess and couldn't be happier. The price dropped $200.00 each one day last week and another $100 each this week. Each time Princess adjusted my fare and even upgraded me each time. I have gone from an inside K to a great E with a full view.

I am not sure if that could have been done if I had booked with an internet firm or a TA. Princess is just great to deal with.

checking Princess site the price have dropped 100 €!!!

As I´ve no way to know if the price has also dropped in $, Could anyone tell me which is the actual Princess price for an interior cabin I category, sailing on board Emerald Princess on August 16th? thank you

I booked direct with Princess and couldn't be happier. The price dropped $200.00 each one day last week and another $100 each this week. Each time Princess adjusted my fare and even upgraded me each time. I have gone from an inside K to a great E with a full view.

I am not sure if that could have been done if I had booked with an internet firm or a TA. Princess is just great to deal with.

why wouldn't this be possible with an internet firm or TA?

Seems to me you just call your agent and they get the price lowered. Unless final payment has been made.

Bill

Thanks. Checked and it has lowered by less than $100. Don't think it is worth the effort at this point to try and get TA to lower the price.

why not? Some cruises drop as little as 20 bucks-- if it drops even a dime i want my money.

But in the 10 cruises we have taken--- only one has come down in price. (but we also book many many months out.)

Archived