Samana - so much better than NCL wants you to think

tlpeters

I was in Samana on April 6th. If you want to have a fantastic beach day I highly recommend a visit to Playa Rincon. It's extremely easy to do on your own and if you can round up some other passengers who haven't been sufficiently frightened by NCL into taking a ship sponsored tour you can split the taxi cost and have a wonderful and very inexpensive day. There are loads of taxis when you get off the tender and you should be able to work something out for 20-25 dollars per person for the ride and once you get to the beach there are a few restaurants serving beer, soft drinks and some of the best food I had on our vacation. Our day for two of us cost a total of 45 bucks which included lunch. The beach is spectacular. At one end you'll find chairs to rent or you can walk about 10 minutes down the beach and find seclusion and peace. There are a few vendors but they're not at all pesky. There were probably a grand total of 35-40 people on the beach when we were there. It was heavenly.

Archived