Joyce French in St. Maarten

stargate fan

I posted this on the Ports of Call board, which is not getting very much traffic today.

Has anyone used Joyce French to tour St. Maarten lately? Just wondering if she is still in business.

BTW, if she is, her tour is worth it. She taught us so much about her beautiful island.

To use Joyce for 2 of us to tour the island and have her end up dropping us at Orient beach to get our own way back, about how much do you think she would charge? Anyone out there done something similar to this?

Will be heading to the island next April so have plenty of time to plan.

I never used Joyce Prince but would definitely recommend Bernard's tour. We used him a few weeks ago and he was great!! I did price Joyce and she was a little more expensive for a shorter tour. But she was a private tour whereas Bernard had a group of about twenty.

We worked with Joyce to personalize the tour, which lasted all day. I loved that it was just the four of us in her own van. She explained so much about the island, the people, and the two governments. She stopped as often as we wanted for pictures and even took some for us.

Would like a ball park figure on what Joyce charged for your tour for the 4 of you . We may have another couple join us.

Just e-mail Joyce from her website and let her know when you're coming in and how many. 1/2 day, full day, etc. If you have something in mind you'd like to do, let her know that, too. She will customize your tour for you and then let you know the price via e-mail.

Wonderful lady! You will love her. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Would like a ball park figure on what Joyce charged for your tour for the 4 of you . We may have another couple join us.

I booked Joyce for our tour two weeks from today and I'm paying $35 pp for a three hour tour (unless she's Gilligan:D ).

We had a tour with Joyce, back in November 07, for the whole day and it was $35pp, although there were six of us. We met her about an hour after the ship docked and we were back at the dock about an hour before the ship sailed. Plenty of time, did not feel rushed at all.

She gave us some options when she picked us up, then we were off. We did sightseeing/shopping for the first 3 hours, then in the afternoon she dropped us of at Orient Beach, came back an hour & half later to pick us up and return us to the ship.

It was worth every penny, Joyce was knowledgable, funny & very flexible. If we go again, we would change the tour, see some different sights, go to another beach, but we would definitely book Joyce again.

Is the email for Joyce joyol1771@yahoo.com ? We would like to book her for an upcoming cruise next spring. Do you know how much in advance you need to book? Also, do you put a deposit down or how does she work it?

Yes, that is her email. I am trying to book with her now for September. She requires a credit card number to hold the reservation but then you can pay in cash when you arrive.

I am a little bit skeptical about doing this...... Has anyone else done this with her in the past???

Yes, I did this, with no issues. Nothing appeared on my credit card at any time, paid cash at end of tour. She used to do just reservations, but more and more people were booking then not showing up, that she started taking cc's to protect herself.

I would have no problems giving my cc # to Joyce.

Joyce is extremely trustworthy and honorable. You will have no problem with providing her with your CC information. However, if you make a reservation and don't show up it would not only be very unfair to her, but you would deprive others of the opportunity to tour with Joyce.

Archived