Does Carnival supply vests...

Going snorkeling for our first time in Freeport through a Carnival sponsored excursion.

I have looked at many of their photos, but none that I have seen show people wearing vests. DW & I are not that strong of swimmers, so we would like to be sure we will have them. (I wonder if they purposely avoid showing pictures of people with vests just because they might make for nicer pictures.)

We have bought our own mask and snorkel (figured we would use their fins... fins add too much weight to our luggage... airline limits you know), and plan to "practice" a bit at beaches at earlier ports of call.

Should I be spending the money on vests too???

Every snorkel excursion I have seen had guests in vests, but that's not to say every operator will provide them. The one snorkel trip I ever went on, they required me to wear one, even with proof that I was a dive instructor. They are fairly inexpensive and easy to pack, so I would buy my own if I were you.

Dale

PADI OWSI

every snsorkel excursion that i have ever been on has required you to wear a vest and they supply them.. the new ones they use are inflatible so if you are a good swimmer you do not have to inflate them, but you must wear it., if you feel it gives you more confidence to inflate it (just a little) they will explain everything.... besides its easier for them to spot you as the vests they use are the bright green or yellow... they do it for your safety and theirs also...

To be on the safe side, we would go to a $1 store a buy a childs size blow-up raft for each of us. Put it in your bag. Whenever you snorkel, if there is no vest, use that.

Of course, it is no substitute for a vest but a good back up plan.

MaryAnn

Archived