Family Stateroom vs Balcony vs OV on Glory

Scarlettlab

Hi, we are a family of 4 (2 daughters 10 and 12) wanting to sail on the Glory. We have been quoted for Oceanview, Balcony and the Family (6E) stateroom with floor to ceiling windows.

Can anyone tell me the difference in size between these cabins?

Is the family cabin (6E) really that much bigger than the other cabins?

Is it really worthwhile having a balcony?

Would appreciate advice as we are taking the trip of a lifetime from Australia and are not experienced cruisers. Thanks!

Almost all the same size. OV 220 s.f, 6E OV, 230 s.f. and some of the 6Es are being made into balconys, so you know that a balcony, cabin and balcony will fit into the s.f. of a OV. There are some balconys, I think on the aft with extended balconys that will be a little bigger.

But basicially they are all about the same size. The difference is you can sit out on the balcony and feel the ocean breeze. The OVs you are sitting inside in the A/C watching the waves but cant feel the air. We like watching the waves, some want to feel the breeze. But you will have a larger cabin to move about in with the OVs. The balconys are only worth it if you like alone time and sitting out. We are not romantic (if I was travelling with a significant other I would like a balcony is what I meant). I prefer to sit up at the pool. I get up earlier than my sister and sneak out and get coffee and love sitting up at the pool early in the morning, chatting with the smokers.

If it will fit in your budget go with the Veranda cabin. You will not regret it, especially on the Glory. The room might not be much bigger but it will seem bigger with access to the outside and the beautiful views. You will love the Glory regardless. Bon Voyage!:)

Thanks to both of you! I am assuming that the verandah is the same as a balcony. Although we plan to spend a lot of time with others, it may be nice to have the balcony when we're cruising the Caribbean in June (nice weather!) I will look that way then.

Just one more question - how is the bedding configured. Will my husband and I be able to sleep together? Where do the kids sleep - bunks or sofa bed?

Cheers - can't wait to book and go!

Thanks to both of you! I am assuming that the verandah is the same as a balcony. Although we plan to spend a lot of time with others, it may be nice to have the balcony when we're cruising the Caribbean in June (nice weather!) I will look that way then.

Just one more question - how is the bedding configured. Will my husband and I be able to sleep together? Where do the kids sleep - bunks or sofa bed?

Cheers - can't wait to book and go!

Did you price it with one balcony and a inside across the hall? That might actually be cheaper and you would have an extra bathroom. 4 in the same bathroom is awfully cozy.

Archived