Murray/Yukon-I know your secret!!!

luapram

Murray,

Hi from the deep south in Florida.

I had strange experience today-

Went past Jacksonville AFB on Highway 17.

There is a post office for YUKON,FL.

Next to it is MURRAY's TAVERN. !!!

I kid you not......

Murray-would you care to comment!!!

Is this your refuge for the winter?

Regards

Lu

No way, Murray is true blue Canadian! He has never been nor never will be, a snow bird :rolleyes: (Murray don't you dare let me down)

Murray's mettle in life is to show all us sun lovers that the "real" secret in life, lies in the Yukon and Alaska.................................. ahhhhhhhh take me back now:o

I didnt think it was him for one moment-I was just trying to inject a bit of humour into the posts but as he did not respond- I have to believe that he didnt see the joke!!!

It looked so strange seeing Yukon/Fl and the building next to it.

However,having read and appreciated his postings I can understand how much he loves his part of Alaska...

Lu

Gee, I sneak away for 3 days and look what happens! :)

That's pretty neat, Lu - if I ever get down that way, I'll have to add that to my photo collection. BUT, the top places on my list of faraway destinations are currently Greenland, the Orkney Islands and Iceland, so you might gather that Florida will be a fair way down the list :)

This is a busy time of year, though, with firewood, cabin upgrades and fishing topping the list of projects that have to be taken care of (the Arctic grayling are great right now, and salmon are still pretty good).

Murray

Murray [My last name incidentally]

I hear you and you make me nostalgic for your part of the world. I would love to be in Haines this month for the Eagle Festival!!!

Orkney Island is closer to my homecountry [uK] but Florida has its advantages also. When we get rid of the hurricane season we usually settle down to a good winter.

As I mentioned in my opening post-it was 'eery'- seeing Yukon on the post office in Fl and then seeing 'Murray'Tavern next door- If I am that way again- I will try and get you a photo for yr collection.

Enjoyed your postings and find them very informative and helpful to a lot of folk.

Best wishes for a safe winter

Lu.

Archived