No Cabin Assigment 5 Days Prior to Cruise?

Liberty Bound

Hi, first time cruiser here!

I know this is going to be an easy question for you pro's....I'm sailing on the Liberty in 5 days having booked an Inside Guarantee. I would appreciate if you could please confirm if's it standard practice not to have been allocated a specific cabin at that relatively late stage? Should I be at all worried?

Thanks very much!

I have heard that some people do not get the room # until the check in. I think this is rare but it is possible. Many hear as early as 50 days before the cruise but some do not. Good luck, hope you get an upgrade!

Hi, first time cruiser here!

I know this is going to be an easy question for you pro's....I'm sailing on the Liberty in 5 days having booked an Inside Guarantee. I would appreciate if you could please confirm if's it standard practice not to have been allocated a specific cabin at that relatively late stage? Should I be at all worried?

Thanks very much!

Yes, sometimes you wont get a cabin number until you arrive at the pier. If you got eDocs, go back on the website and refresh your eDocs once again. Its my understanding that if you do not have a cabin number by now, the upgrade once at the pier will be very nice.

The one we booked on board the Spirit it was a Cat.4a inside cabin, when we got to the hotel Carnival put us up in, one of the Reps there gave us our Cabin number and it turned out to be a Cat.9a mini-suite.

Fred

When I cruised on Elation, I did not get a confirmed room until I talked to the guy at the pier who held the manifest. We knew we had likely been upgraded from an inside to an outside, based on the code on our tickets, but that is never 100% for sure. It did stick however.

Funny story - I learned you cannot expect to call Carnival and get info on your room assignment. Before going to the pier the morning of embarkation, I called Carnival from the hotel. They said the assignment was not yet made.

When I looked at the manifest, it had the date and time it was printed on the cover page - 3 AM. So the assignment was made when I called, but the rep could not see it. Sometimes you really do have to find out at the pier.

Archived