majesty/safes?

Going on the majesty of the seas. Booked inside room (L) on deck 4. Can anyone tell me specifically if this floor/inside has safes in the room? I heard not all insides have them, that it depends what floor you are on. This just seems like it should be standard no matter what. Thanks for your help.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;08;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

NEXT: Majesty of the Seas 8/23/04,Carnival Legend CTN 10/22/04

PAST: Inspiration 8/24/03

Unless they've been added in the last year or two, no.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits" Mark Twain

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's formal night attire, poolside attire, child rearing practices, walk-talkie usage, chair hogging, seat saving, line cutting ..." Mark_K

Is there a charge for this? how convienient is it to get to your stuff? want to hold travelers checks, credit cards, jewelery etc. This was bad planning on their part. Didn't they redo this ship in 2002?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;08;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

NEXT: Majesty of the Seas 8/23/04,Carnival Legend CTN 10/22/04

PAST: Inspiration 8/24/03

I don't think it's been refurbished for six or seven years, we first sailed her January 2002, and I know it hasn't been refurbished since then (unless you count a rock wall).

I don't know if I would call what they've done bad planning, however, if a safe is important to you and you didn't check before you booked, I would call that bad planning.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits" Mark Twain

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's formal night attire, poolside attire, child rearing practices, walk-talkie usage, chair hogging, seat saving, line cutting ..." Mark_K

No charge, and I believe 24 hour availability. I never used the service myself, just kept our things in our cabin in a locked suitcase under the bed with no problem. I didn't bring along much jewelry, just my everyday stuff that I don't ever take off. If I had brought along the jewels, they would be locked up at the pursers in a safe deposit box when not in use.

I wouldn't call it bad planning, lots of older ships (and not just RCI) use safe deposit boxes for their passengers valuables.

Have fun, the Majesty is a great ship with a wonderful crew.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Brilliance 4/19/04

Archived