Olympic Restaurant tips

Studley

Can someone answer questions about the specialty restaurant on the Millenium?

1. Is the $30 per person charge the tip for service?

2. Do I need to tip on top of the $30 or just if I think the service is greater than the established base amount?

3. If additional tip is expected, what should I base this on?

4. How much do you think a meal like that served in the Olympic would cost in a typical type restaurant? (no alcohol)

5. Does anyone know how, when, or where to go to make a reservation?

Thanks for your help!

1. The $30 per person charge is for the restaurant but a portion of it goes to gratuity.

2. We always tip more at the specialty restaurants- the service has always been exceptional and we feel the staff earned more (and we're not big tippers in general like some). We tend to leave $10pp extra.

3. Whatever you want to give is fine, I am sure.

4. We've eaten in similar restaurants. Depending on what you order, I would estimate that the bill would be $150-$200. It could be higher if you eat there a lot and are offered offmenu items.

5. If you are a Captain's Club member you can request one reservation 60 days before sailing through the Captain's Club, but make sure they don't mess it up. They got ours wrong and it was a big hassle until we got onboard and had it straightened out.

You will love the specialty restaurants on Celebrity. The dining experience is wonderful.

It was a simple process. When I got onboard I went directly to the Olympic. A gentleman confirmed my reservation (we made it before we got on the ship).

The "show" in the Olympic is just like, well, and Olympic event. I tipped way over and above because the "show" was like nothing I've ever experienced.

The staff was fun, funny, professional, talented, and entertaining. We went the first night onboard and it really set the tone for the rest of the cruise.

Enjoy!!

Thank you both for the information. Unfortunately this is our first Celebrity cruise so we can't make a reservation ahead of time. Do you know if anyone can head up to the Olympic upon boarding to make a reservation?

Thank you both for the information. Unfortunately this is our first Celebrity cruise so we can't make a reservation ahead of time. Do you know if anyone can head up to the Olympic upon boarding to make a reservation?

When DW and I went on our first cruise we headed for the specialty restaurant fairly early in the day and we were able to make a reservation with ease. Remember that is fills quickly, so if you board later, you may be left with evenings that are less popular - like formal nights, or the night when they do the Bombe Alaska parade.

You will L O V E it btw...... I would make two reservations, as you can always cancel one... but if you love it you may not be able to make another!

M

The dining experience in the Olympic was so over the top, it truly is something not to be missed. If you can, go to the restaurant early and get a tour of the wine 'cellar' (room). We had one of the staffers give us an impromtu tour and was blown away. Several of the pieces are from the Olympic, and it really gives you a feel for what the Titanic would have been like. Also, it amazed us how similar the restaurant was to some of the scenes in the movie. Ooo, chills! During dinner, the staff was the most extremely professional that you could possibly imagine. In-freaking-credible!

One bit of advice - plan on a long, luxurious evening. You'll be there 2-3 hours easy. But it is worth every minute.

You might want to consider booking for the first night (sailaway). We had plenty of time to do the Muster drill, celebrate Sailaway on our balcony, get dressed and up to the Olympic by 6 PM.

We had the entire restaurant (and all of the staff) to ourselves for the first two hours!!!!!!! It was fantastic!

They told us not many people book for the first night.

The other advantage to dining in the Olympic the first night is that there is no assigned seating in the main dining room the first night, so you don't miss out on dining with your new tablemates later on in the cruise. We like to meet new people, so this option worked well for us.

Plus, we were so full and we enjoyed the experience so much, we knew that everything else would be "gravy."

I wasn't sure I'd like it, and I was really nervous about taking my in-laws, but we are still talking about that night.

Be sure to take your camera. I took pictures of the lobby (with all of the memorablia) when I first got on the ship. The light was much better in the day and it didn't take away from our evening of dining.

Come hungry, eat slowly, and don't miss anything!!!

Also, when we registered for the cruise, we told them that it was my father-in-laws' birthday the first night. The Olympic staff surprised him with an incredibly-tasting birthday cake too (in addition to the regular desserts).

Enjoy!

Archived