suggesions on where 2 eat in nassau

luvthebeach3

Will be in Nassau next week have done the Paradise Island thing==would like to enjoy Nassau---no tours---no excursions. Could someone out there suggest a place to eat --would like to find where and what the locals eat.

Also any suggestions on what to do in Nassau--not the tourist thing!

Oh I wish I could remember the place that we ate. Some guy handed us a flyer as we were walking around and we checked it out. Its a little hole in the wall but just off the main path and there were hardly any tourist in it. Of course this was 11 years ago too so it might not even be there. Great food though!!

...check out Double Dragon just off Bay St. I've eaten there umpteen times, very good food and not all ritsy / touristy.

It's a favorite of ships crewmembers too.

For more upscale, Cafe Matisse is good. I think they have a website, do a google search.

We didn't eat there, but we had drinks at a greek restaurant in Nassau (blue and white is all that I remember, go figure). The owner was so nice, and made the yummiest, original drinks. Can't say much about the food, as we didn't eat greek food at that time (regretting that we didn't get to try it). I'm now realizing my reply was completely unhelpful. lol

Take jitney #10 to cable beach and eat at Dickey Moe's. You can sit outside and they have good food. For a much more "local" place, take the same jitney #10 to the "fish fry" on Arawak Cay. There are a bunch of restaurants to choose from that serve great seafood. Goldies has the best conch salad! When you're ready to go back to the ship, go out by the road and flag down jitney #10. I think the ride is 1 or 2 buck per person each way. Enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived