SCUBA diving in Cozumel

vplsh

Lisa,

There are so many operators on Coz, that your DH needs to decide what type of style he feels the most comfortable with. There are bigger boats with a lot of divers to smaller boats with just six divers. The smaller boats are a bit harder to get into and out of compared with the bigger dive boats (if that matters at all). So, it is a personal preference. Most of the recommendations you will see on these boards like Dive with Martin and Blue Xtasy (American owned) are reputable and used to dealing with new divers. Coz was just my second OW dive after I got certified. I, personally, booked a private trip with Dive with Martin and had a fine time. Good luck!

After much research (here and on the dive board elsewhere I frequent), I booked Scuba with Allison for our June cruise. While my son is experienced, I am new and have completed only 5 dives (4 of which were my certification dives). I informed Allison of our skill levels and she assured me she had the perfect dives in mind that we both could enjoy. I will post here when I get back from my cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all the positive recommendations we decided to book with Allison. We've been in touch via email and she seems great.

Just got back from the dive shop where my husband purchased all the equipment he will need- regulator, dive computer, bcd, 3 mm wet suit. Today is his birthday so we decided to go all and get it all! Now he just has to wait for our cruise!!

Thanks to all the positive recommendations we decided to book with Allison. We've been in touch via email and she seems great.

Just got back from the dive shop where my husband purchased all the equipment he will need- regulator, dive computer, bcd, 3 mm wet suit. Today is his birthday so we decided to go all and get it all! Now he just has to wait for our cruise!!

My birthday is in August and I can send you my sizes. :D

Randall

P.S. Lucky guy and good luck on your diving in Cozumel!

We have used them and they were terrific. We had a scuba diver and snorkelers and they accomdated us and were such a great company. Youo can tell that they are there to make sure that you have a great time.

I had many questions and they answered them in a timely manner.

Give them a try, you will not be disappointed.

janymac:p

We got back a few days ago from our cruise and went with Alison in Cozumel......they are a TOP NOTCH operation. I dove with Chucho, one of her divemasters and 2 other divers. It was wonderful as the 2 dives I did in Cozumel were my first since being certified in October 2007. I'll recommend Scuba with Alison to anyone interested in Cozumel diving. I don't think you can get any better!! :D

After much research (here and on the dive board elsewhere I frequent), I booked Scuba with Allison for our June cruise. While my son is experienced, I am new and have completed only 5 dives (4 of which were my certification dives). I informed Allison of our skill levels and she assured me she had the perfect dives in mind that we both could enjoy. I will post here when I get back from my cruise.

I will be waiting anxiously to hear from you since we are using Alison as well. DH has been certified for 30+ years but I am newly certified.

I will be waiting anxiously to hear from you since we are using Alison as well. DH has been certified for 30+ years but I am newly certified.

You will not regret using Alison. She is very sensitive to the needs of her divers. The dive sites are chosen to accomodate the level of all the divers she has onboard. You will not regret diving with her. We would not dive with anyone else!

Archived