Serenade after this past drydock...

It's my understanding that the Serenade was in drydock in March, for the primary purpose of adding auxiliary diesel engines.

However, I am interested in hearing from folks who have sailed on her AFTER the drydock and can enlighten the rest of us on what, if any, other updates / changes took place during this drydock (?). I imagine there was the usual carpet replacement and the like, but wondered if anything else more involved took place (she's still a very "young" ship, but you never know what RCI might roll-out or change).

My family & friends are sailing the Serenade to Alaska in June and I'm hoping she'll have the "fresh-out-of-the-drydock" feel to her, when everything looks brand-spanking new again. ;)

Much obliged to those who share their info on the Serenade here.

Cheers!

GigglewolfOfTheSeas

:p

Hopefully she got the new bedding and flat-panel TVs. We'll also be cruising to Alaska on her in June.

The new bedding was all done by last May and it is very comfy. The main purpose of the drydock was to install the additional engine to make it more efficient in port.

We were just on there last month. The drydock really was as advertized--almost totally about engine propulsion and additional generator capacity. They did do some carpet replacement but I'm not sure where. There's supposed to be a pretty major project ongoing to replace some pipes that will address the legendary "sewer" smell issues. But, honestly--not much that would meet the eye on the Hotel end of operations in the drydock.

Here's the good news: we felt the ship was in fantastic shape. Service was excellent and clean as it could be. It was downright shiny. We were extremely impressed. No flat screen tv's in just yet if our stateroom was any indication. Great ship!

Hi Gig. We board Serenade on Sat for a 2 week Canal cruise. I'll have notebook & camera in hand (when hands are not cradling a foo foo) and will attempt to report in promptly.

Keep it nice for us, we'll be boarding when you get off !! :D

Keep it nice for us, we'll be boarding when you get off !!

Pat- My offer still stands that if for any reason, (like having to work), that you can't make this cruise we're willing to step down from our hump to your aft balcony & fill in for you. You don't even need to let us know if advance. We're bringing 2 weeks worth of clothes aboard. Hey wait a sec, I'm not so sure the shorts & aloha shirts will work in Alaska.

Here's the good news: we felt the ship was in fantastic shape. Service was excellent and clean as it could be. It was downright shiny. We were extremely impressed. No flat screen tv's in just yet if our stateroom was any indication. Great ship!

Ditto from us! We boarded the ship the day CLQ got off and are happy to report that CLQ kept it nice and clean for us! :D

Hey CLQ!!!

Do you have any exciting cruise plans in the future? ;) :D ;)

We were on Serenade about 3 weeks ago and she is beautiful. The bedding is wonderful. Got a great nights sleep but I think that was from all the rocking we had. No flat screen TV's get. We were in a D1 on deck 9. The service was spectacular. Everyone was so friendly. I wish I could go again soon.

Ditto from us! We boarded the ship the day CLQ got off and are happy to report that CLQ kept it nice and clean for us! :D

Hey CLQ!!!

Do you have any exciting cruise plans in the future? ;) :D ;)

Gee Bonnie. I don't know. Do I? Even if I could lie, my Signature couldn't. You bet we got some exciting plans! How about you?

Archived