Liberty Questions

We are ten time cruisers - RCI, Disney, Celebrity, BCL - and just booked our first Carnival trip on Liberty. We have admired the Conquest class ships as neighbors in port, and decided to go for it. She looks great from the outside, no questions there. The issue of food is too subjective to bring up - and we keep our expectations realistic - no worries there.

Our questions are about the ship's interior and cabins.

We have read that the Liberty's decor is a little more subdued than some of Mr. Farcus' other creations - your thoughts?

We are booked into 2 connecting 8B's aft on deck seven - any info re:

location of connecting door and impact on furniture - like getting a chair instead of a couch to make room for the door?

Saw several 8B photos on webshots - some with DVD player, some without?

Looks like balcony partition can be folded back, yes?

Many thanks in advance.

We are ten time cruisers - RCI, Disney, Celebrity, BCL - and just booked our first Carnival trip on Liberty. We have admired the Conquest class ships as neighbors in port, and decided to go for it. She looks great from the outside, no questions there. The issue of food is too subjective to bring up - and we keep our expectations realistic - no worries there.

Our questions are about the ship's interior and cabins.

We have read that the Liberty's decor is a little more subdued than some of Mr. Farcus' other creations - your thoughts?

We are booked into 2 connecting 8B's aft on deck seven - any info re:

location of connecting door and impact on furniture - like getting a chair instead of a couch to make room for the door?

Saw several 8B photos on webshots - some with DVD player, some without?

Looks like balcony partition can be folded back, yes?

Many thanks in advance.

I was on the Liberty last July and can only comment on a few of the questions you asked.

The ship is beautiful. I found the public areas very pretty. Of course, each persons decorating taste is different, so I don't know if you will find it attractive or not.

Also, I have never seen a DVD player in a cabin on any of the Carnival ships. From my understanding, even the Suites have VCRs and not DVD players.

Took a group of 8 on the Liberty in December..... they were in awe from the moment they stepped on the ship.... the atrium was my 63 yr old mothers favorite spot to sit at night.... they loved the lido and the dining rooms.... not one person in my group thought it was tacky they were in love and didn't want to leave

We have been on the Liberty 3 times. We think it is a beautiful ship. Not tacky at all.

There was a DVD player in the 9a cabin that one of our group was in last year. The year before that we had a 9a and it had a VCR in it. They must have updated. We had an aft balcony cabin and there was no dvd or vcr in our room.

I have always found the staff to be extra friendly and never had a complaint.

I think you will love the Liberty.

On the liberty last October. When we walked onto the ship my dh and I were in total awe. She is beautiful. We loved it so much. We found it easy to get around after the first day and even with over 3000 people on board it did not feel like it. Our crew were extremely pleasant and we never wanted for a thing.

Archived