Baby food available?

AmMom

You know, every time I wander in here over the last couple of months I find posts like the above (a swipe at Wrona, WRP96, one of the most helpful, non-confrontational, posters on many boards here at CC). That might be why I haven't posted on this board in the last few months. :(

Regarding the baby food thing, I certainly would bring my own baby food (enough to tide you over to a port of call where you could purchase more), because from the emailed reply from RCI it seems as if RCI is trying to make it CRYSTAL clear that they do NOT accept responsibility/liability for furnishing "baby food." Maybe it's related to nut, shellfish, or lactose allergy issues? Just a thought here. If they undertake to furnish appropriate food for babies, they are also accepting liability if said baby turns out to have allergies to ingredients that might be in the puree'd food/in the blender/on the cutting board? I read the email quoted in this thread to be saying "HEY! We don't make baby food! We aren't saying anything we do is okay for babies!" If despite that you feed your baby something they prepare, I think you should be aware that doing so is at your own risk -- which is (to me) pretty clearly the purpose behind the email you received.

Personally, I would ask a pediatrician, not a message board, whether it's okay for your particular baby to eat pureed foods whose origins you don't know/can't verify.

another really good reason as to why they are adamant about saying "we dont do babyfood" But I know for a certain fact that you will be able to get pureed food once you are on board.

Of course I am going to do what is best for my baby; like I said earlier, if RCI won't come through for us then I will have to suck it up bring our own food... even if that means that after paying full price for our 8 month old we still have to provide food for her and find a way to fly it, ship it or buy it in the port city. It comes down to a matter of principle, they should provide for such basic needs as food. Now I could understand if they said from the beginning that they do not make any special arrangements for any special diets, but that is not the case. They make many special arrangements for many special diets... complicated arrangements. So why can they not make a simple arrangement to have baby food on board for us. They are getting enough money from us to cover food for a child/adult for the entire week, surely they could manage to spare a few of those dollars the have baby food for us!

You are preaching to the choir honey!

Archived