Mail on Ship or Ports

puggal

If you want to send a post card - Does the ship have a mailroom or do you just find post office at each port? Also does anyone know how much it cost to mail a post card from Jamaica, GC and Cozumel. If I put a 41 cent U S postal stamp will it get mailed back to the US address?

If you want to send a post card - Does the ship have a mailroom or do you just find post office at each port? Also does anyone know how much it cost to mail a post card from Jamaica, GC and Cozumel. If I put a 41 cent U S postal stamp will it get mailed back to the US address?

They have a mailbox near customer service.

There is a drop box for mail near the Guest Relations desk. You have to use the postage from whatever country your mail will be offloaded and mailed from (the next port). You can buy stamps from Guest Relations. Mexico stamps were 90 cents each :eek: on our February cruise and the postcards only took 2 months to get back to the US (from Progreso). :rolleyes: And we complain about the US postal service. LOL!

We didn't go to Jamaica or Grand Cayman so don't know the price of those stamps.

I suppose you could put a US stamp on a postcard but then they would have to hold it until they got back to a US port. But then it would probably arrive at it's destination a lot sooner. :D

On a side note, I mailed some postcards from Barcelona on our Med cruise last year on a Monday and they arrived on Thursday (3 days later!). I was amazed. I have a friend who mailed me some postcards from France 3 years ago (land-based trip) and they still haven't arrived. :p

Save the cards till you get home and mail them from home. They will arrive sooner...to where ever you are sending them in the US.

My grandchildren didn't receive their cards that I sent from St Thomas last Feb. till late March. They got their souvenirs much sooner!

I love sending post cards from each port. Local stamps can be so interesting.

In George Town, Grand Cayman, there is a post office in the telecommunications center across from the northern cruise terminal, so I've been told. I walked into town, 2 - 3 minutes and used the main post office.

If you are porting in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, the post office is downtown - about 5 mins from the cruise terminal - on the same side of the street and near a fast food joint (Burger King I think, but could be McD). Don't remember if its before or after the fast food place, but walking toward town (away from the cruise terminal) it's on the right side.

You'll have to take a cab into Cozumel. This post office is on the main road that runs along the sea front. The post office in on the right side, when traveling into Cozumel. If memory serves its a ways before the main shopping area, but within walking distance. Ask the cab driver to let you off there.

Don't recall postage costs, but I've paid as much as $2 per card in some ports. Remember to buy the cards before you get to the post office. I've not found one that sells tourist type post cards, and you'll want to mail the cards which you can do more easily at the post office.

Nassau, Bahamas has the most accessible postal outlet - its right in the cruise terminal. However, Bahamas has the slowest delivery I've ever encountered. I was there with my parents in January and mom sent me a post card (she had one left over). The card showed up at the end of March! But that was kind of neat. I'd forgotten all about it and seeing it in the mail brought back all sorts of wonderful memories.

Oh, I forgot. Remember that most post offices are closed on Sundays and holidays.

Archived