PEI Preserve Lobster Lunch

We are looking at PEI tours. One tour has a lobster lunch at PEI preserve. Anyone ever have a lobster lunch there and how was it?

There is another tour we would take without the lobster lunch and have lunch in town but sometimes tours run late and we leave at 3pm. Bottom line is I don't want to leave PEI without having lobster!!

I've not had the lobster lunch at the Island Preserve Company but I have had lunch there and quite enjoyed it. The grounds are beautifiul and the views some of the best you'll see here on PEI. There are a couple places that serve lobster within a very short walking distance of the peir so if you want to take a tour and then have lunch at one of them you should be okay.

Thank you Colleen! I think we will do the lunch at the Preserve. I'm afraid our tour coming back will be late and the restaurants will be crowded and the ship leaves at 3pm. That means we need to be done eating and gone by 2 and if we get there at 1 or 1:30, too late!

I actually emailed the Preserve and they told me they have a lovely whole lobster lunch and it's a don't miss... so we won't!;)

Thank you Colleen! I think we will do the lunch at the Preserve. I'm afraid our tour coming back will be late and the restaurants will be crowded and the ship leaves at 3pm. That means we need to be done eating and gone by 2 and if we get there at 1 or 1:30, too late!

I actually emailed the Preserve and they told me they have a lovely whole lobster lunch and it's a don't miss... so we won't!;)

I'm sure you'll love it. No doubt you'll get to meet the owner Bruce, he wears a kilt and is quite a friendly guy, I went to College with him and glad to see he's done quite well for himself. They produce many great food products, gourmet jams and jellies so you'll have to get some to take home with you.

• 4 months later...
I've not had the lobster lunch at the Island Preserve Company but I have had lunch there and quite enjoyed it. The grounds are beautifiul and the views some of the best you'll see here on PEI. There are a couple places that serve lobster within a very short walking distance of the peir so if you want to take a tour and then have lunch at one of them you should be okay.

Would you mind telling the names of the lobster places near the pier? Thanks!

We are thinking of renting a car in PEI. I have one reserved. Do you think it is a good idea to drive around PEI. royal Princess comes in at 8am and leaves at 5pm. Our other choice is the excursion for Island Finest:drive, anne and lunch at the Preserve.

I'm not sure if you mean "drive around PEI" as in drive the coast of the whole Island or just so some sight seeing on your own. A coastal drive would be several hundred miles and pretty much out of the question in one day. It's usually suggested doing that over a three day period.

However, we have 3 scenic coastal drives mapped out, basically one for each county. I would suggest picking one and doing it. You can find more information here http://www.gov.pe.ca/visitorsguide/i...number=1010975 The one around central PEI might give you more attractions and you'd get to see the most in the least amount of time but the others will give you equally beautiful sights to see.

Now me, I tend to like to take a guided tour because that allows me to see the most in the least amount of time while getting some information about the area I"m visiting. If I'm driving, I feel like I might miss out on something or spend too much time figuring out where I want to go or worse yet, getting lost.

We are thinking of renting a car in PEI. I have one reserved. Do you think it is a good idea to drive around PEI. royal Princess comes in at 8am and leaves at 5pm. Our other choice is the excursion for Island Finest:drive, anne and lunch at the Preserve.

hi, we are on the same ship and i was wondering what other tours you are doing

Archived